Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

car01ine

HELP Can't watch downloaded Play Store movies/TV shows

We're new to MyGica - we have the ATV1200. I purchased a TV series, through the PlayStore portal/app, downloaded it overnight, but the program won't play properly (using the Play Movies & TV app, as recommended). The first 7 seconds of the program plays, but then the picture disappears, there's no sound, etc., but the 'time elapsed' bar, at the bottom of the screen continues.

I uninstalled the Play Movies & TV app (in case it was the problem), re-installed it, but that didn't help. I re-downloaded the TV program purchased, but the same thing...it plays the first 7 seconds and then dies.

Can anyone suggest a fix or alternate way to watch programs/movies purchased from the PlayStore?

Thanks!

Sadly, I received an email reply from MyGica Support confirming that their devices are NOT Google Certified devices; so, they are not able to play movies and/or TV shows purchased through Google Play. You can purchase/download games from Google Play, via the MyGica, just not movies and/or TV. This was a 'deal breaker' for us...as we had been informed, during a live support chat (prior to purchasing our MyGica ATV1200) that we could in fact purchase and watch Google Play store TV show purchases...so we have returned our device and gone with Apple TV instead, as we can purchase movies and TV shows through iTunes very reliably. Too bad MyGica.