Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toowired

Unidentified Files

Hi,

I am having some issues with unidentified files on XBMC. I have roughly 180 TV Shows on my NAS and only 78 are showing up in the TV section of XBMC. When I navigate through the menus to the file list they all appear... I remember that there was an unidentified files section in past versions of XBMC where you could manually identify the show and add it to the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I am having some issues with unidentified files on XBMC. I have roughly 180 TV Shows on my NAS and only 78 are showing up in the TV section of XBMC. When I navigate through the menus to the file list they all appear... I remember that there was an unidentified files section in past versions of XBMC where you could manually identify the show and add it to the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Are you pulling them all from the same folder that you have setup on your NAS? Or are they in separate folders?

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.

My folder hierarchy is as follows:

Root/Public/TV/Showname/filename

I am in the process of renaming every file for each show, removing any "season" folders and just having all the files within in the Parent Show Folder .

I am using the following naming convention:

Show Name (year) SxxEPxx.ext

Just wondering which program you're us to rename your shows. I found a good one called "theRenamer" that does TV shows really well. Free too. Just Google it...

J