Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plazomat

Factory firmare reflash from Linux XBMC

I need some help reflashing to factory firmware after I installed a Linux XBMC.

Long story but my 520 Blackscreened after I hit the remote power button while running native XMBC install, I had to flash to a Linux version just to wake up the 520 - now I would like to go back to the factory firmware.

Is this possible? how?

Is the black screen problem just mine or a know issue in this community??

PLAZ

I need some help reflashing to factory firmware after I installed a Linux XBMC.

Long story but my 520 Blackscreened after I hit the remote power button while running native XMBC install, I had to flash to a Linux version just to wake up the 520 - now I would like to go back to the factory firmware.

Is this possible? how?

Is the black screen problem just mine or a know issue in this community??

PLAZ

Hi

Follow this link to the latest download for the ATV 520E as well as installation instructions

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25

However, depending on which XBMC linux build you used, you may not be able to revert back to Android, a lot of the XBMC linux builds made available for the Dual Core models are not official firmware builds for Mygica products, and are just Beta files for people to try, but a lot of the versions out there do no allow you to revert back to Android afterwards.

I guess I forgot to thank you for the link, the instructions work fine now back to stock firmware. Just waiting for an update to kitkat..........

I guess I forgot to thank you for the link, the instructions work fine now back to stock firmware. Just waiting for an update to kitkat..........

No problem.

We currently only have an update to 4.2.2 Jellybean

It will take some time for an update to Kitkat.

I tried to follow the link but I cant seam to download the files to reset my box back..... some how I messed it up going to the latest version. need some serious help!!!!!!!!!

I tried to follow the link but I cant seam to download the files to reset my box back..... some how I messed it up going to the latest version. need some serious help!!!!!!!!!

Sorry which link are you referring to?

Once I know, I can try my best to help you