Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bought1800e

Problems with hardware

Hello,

Those red white and yellow video options. You know, not the HDMI option. Well, they don't work. Setting to 480i does nothing. Just black and white video scroll...

Not sure how u tested but it doesnt work, Why include it as an option? It is broken.

Bought 7 1800e to satisfy family with 5 hdmi tvs and 2 composite tvs (old school). Hdmi works fine but 480i, or Yellow, red white, broken.

Fix it or get rid of those connection options. Stop advertising that ur product is RCA compliant.

Hello,

Those red white and yellow video options. You know, not the HDMI option. Well, they don't work. Setting to 480i does nothing. Just black and white video scroll...

Not sure how u tested but it doesnt work, Why include it as an option? It is broken.

Bought 7 1800e to satisfy family with 5 hdmi tvs and 2 composite tvs (old school). Hdmi works fine but 480i, or Yellow, red white, broken.

Fix it or get rid of those connection options. Stop advertising that ur product is RCA compliant.

If you put Auto Detect on within the Advanced System settings menu, just plugging in the RCA connection will display fine.

We have used this on many TV's here without any issues.

I'm having the same issue as the above user. When plugged in through the HDMI output there aren't any issues with the image however when using the composite outputs the display is inoperative. The auto detect when switched off/on doesn't make to the issue.

Thank you Justin. I have tried this unfortunately to have any display output it needs to be connected via HDMI, when connected through HDMI the drop down does have lower resolutions in the display menu however they are all through the HDMI output (composite is not an option and the auto detect does not work,chicken and the egg situation). Judging by the amount of views this topic has had (140+) this must be a known issue with this model without a proper fix (software)?