Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syco

ATV582 change homepage

Hi,

This is my first post so Hi to everybody.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to change the apps on the homepage. I want to move a couple of apps from the homepage onto the apps page and replace them with other apps. Help would be appreciated. Also I want to put on a customised XBMC to replace the one that the box comes with. Is this possible and can it be set up to be the default one ie. open from the XBMC button on the remote?

Hi,

This is my first post so Hi to everybody.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to change the apps on the homepage. I want to move a couple of apps from the homepage onto the apps page and replace them with other apps. Help would be appreciated. Also I want to put on a customised XBMC to replace the one that the box comes with. Is this possible and can it be set up to be the default one ie. open from the XBMC button on the remote?

As suggested by one of our members.

Simply holding down the OK button on the app you want to change, will bring you to a screen to change it with another app.

As long as the version of XBMC uses the same app signature, then the XBMC button on the remote should have no issues opening it up. All XBMC versions off of XBMC.ORG should work for sure.

The best way to tell, is try to install it without uninstalling the current version. If it does not allow you to since it would be over writing the existing one, then the remote button should work for sure, if it installs as a second app, then the remote button won't work.