Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GhostFire

AC network adaptor and 582??

Hey guys,

I have a quick question...

I have a USB based AC network adaptor that came with a AC router I have. My question is, would I be able to plug this into the USB port and disable the internal wifi and use the USB AC network adaptor instead on my 582??

I'm not very familiar with network adaptors like these but I'm looking for a way to boost my network speed to the unit since I am not able to run ethernet to it.

Thanks for the help

Alright,

Was hoping someone may have tried it already...I'll give it a shot and let you guys know.

I picked up a new Asus AC1750 router today hoping for better stability for my entire network, just not sure if those network adapters are merely plug and play or how the 582 would handle it?

Kit Kat 4.4 has restrictions when it comes to Wireless Adapters for Wifi, Bluetooth and even SD Card restrictions.

So it may or may not work for you

Let us know your results

Alright,

Was hoping someone may have tried it already...I'll give it a shot and let you guys know.

I picked up a new Asus AC1750 router today hoping for better stability for my entire network, just not sure if those network adapters are merely plug and play or how the 582 would handle it?

How far will be the devices a part? Line of sight?

not quite line of sight..

from one end of the house to the other on the same floor.

I have the router in the rear of the house in my office and the 582 is in the front living room hooked up to my home theatre system.

I have noticed buffering issues pretty frequently and I'm not convinced its only xbmc servers that are the cause of it so I want to be able to rule out my WiFi network as well. I have noticed on my smart phones and tablets instability at times so I'm hoping this new router smooths everything out. Unfortunately it wont be easy for me to run cat 5 ethernet to the 582 so I'm sticking with wireless for now.