Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Software Updates

It was discussed several times...

Lollipop will be introduced in Vegas January 2015 on new MyGica hardware versions, and let's hope we will see it after on 1800e. Justin seen preview on his trip to China.

I see that Mygica is pumping out a few new models in January?

Would resources not be better spent on further tweaking of the ATV 1800e?

Too many NEw models does nothing but water down the product line.

There is plenty of room left to further and improve upon what we already have!

If you follow minix, they do the same thing to keep up with new decoding chipsets from Amlogic s805 and s812.

I suspect the new models will be very similar just added features like h265 decoding and AC WiFi so the work on these older will continue.

So why not make a unit that the consumer can just change the chip themselves to upgrade?

When is the chip going to hardware decode HD audio instead of just AC3? I figured that would be a standard by now.

So why not make a unit that the consumer can just change the chip themselves to upgrade?

When is the chip going to hardware decode HD audio instead of just AC3? I figured that would be a standard by now.

Because it would cost double and there is no market for it.

I guess you're wrong because it's not :lol:

Why would it cost double to make a socket that the chip can snap in and out of instead of soldering it permanently to the board? Create a market!

Okay so just cause it`s not a standard doesn`t mean you can`t exceed the status quo. Maybe more people would buy them if they had Hardware decoding of HD Audio, cost for advancement wouldn`t be an issue then... In any case, I was looking for a response from the moderator not someone who is just gonna put laughing faces as a response.

Why would it cost double to make a socket that the chip can snap in and out of instead of soldering it permanently to the board? Create a market!

Okay so just cause it`s not a standard doesn`t mean you can`t exceed the status quo. Maybe more people would buy them if they had Hardware decoding of HD Audio, cost for advancement wouldn`t be an issue then... In any case, I was looking for a response from the moderator not someone who is just gonna put laughing faces as a response.

Why don't you use pass through to your receiver and decode it there?

Yeah, hate to disappoint you but you are barking at the wrong tree.

Contact Amlogic :mrgreen:

BTW you realize that that chip is only made in format to be soldered on right ?

What's next, chip replacement in your phone ? :lol:

Lollipop will be displayed at CES 2015. As for a public release date, I am not sure of that at the time. But our Quad Cores are capable of taking this update.

We are introducing 3 models

ATV 585- S805 Chipset + 1GB Ram + 8GB Internal + Bluetooth + H.265 Hardware Decoding. This model is being introduced into the market this month. We introduced this model as a low cost Quad Core, since it won't have the 4K/2K support but will be built on a 1080P Kernel.

ATV 1900 - S812 Chipset + 2-3RAM(Not Sure yet) + 16GB Internal + Bluetooth + Dual Band AC Wifi + 1GB Ethernet + H.265 Hardware Decoding for 4K

ATV 1810 - S812 Chipset(Please note it might be the S802, I don't have a confirmation yet) Same specs as the ATV 1800E but with added HDMI IN. This box has a lot of interest from the Digital Signage industry. Not so sure about the North American consumer retail marketplace, due to a lot of Cable and Satellite operators require a HDCP key in order to decrypt the HDMI Out signal.

Yes we are introducing new models, but don't worry we do not forget our current models either.

@bkwashby - Which HD Codecs were you looking for?

S802 – No HDMI pass-through support

S802D also called B – HDMI pass-through for Dolby, but not DTS

S802DD or S802H – HDMI pass-through for Dolby and DTS

@bkwashby - Which HD Codecs were you looking for?

Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA

From what I have seen, Amlogic doesn't support either of these with there current chipsets

I hear KODI 14.0 will support these though.

Frodo used to support DTS-HD MA but for some reason removed it in Gotham.

Hi,

Just purchased the ATV585 model and after using it for just an hour it shuts down our tv (toshiba 32RV525RZ) and the only way to turn it back on is to unplug the mygica to the tv and once it is plug back in it goes back to where we left it.

Ever since that happened, it pretty much kept happening every 3-4 minutes of it being active and again we unplug and so on and so forth. We tried resetting it but it is still the same. Prior to the issues the device have been set exactly according to the manual. And our tv have never had any problems whatsoever prior to buying the device.

So far, this device has not fulfilled its promises and have just only been driving us bonkers. I hope someone can help us out with what ever is going on because we are not happy with this purchase at all.