Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosaint

Surround sound not working properly

Hi, new to the forum. Recently upgraded to android 4.2, and from frodo to gotham 13.2. I can't get playback in 5.1 surround sound. Anyone else having this issue? Help!!!!

I've checked all settings I can think of to ensure 5.1 is selected, enable passthrough, I've selected ACS and DTS capable for my received (harmon kardon). Nothing coming from the rear speakers. The sub works fine.

Any steps to trouble shoot and or fix this issue? Never had a problem with it before the upgrades mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, new to the forum. Recently upgraded to android 4.2, and from frodo to gotham 13.2. I can't get playback in 5.1 surround sound. Anyone else having this issue? Help!!!!

I've checked all settings I can think of to ensure 5.1 is selected, enable passthrough, I've selected ACS and DTS capable for my received (harmon kardon). Nothing coming from the rear speakers. The sub works fine.

Any steps to trouble shoot and or fix this issue? Never had a problem with it before the upgrades mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Are you changing the settings for this within the Expert settings of XBMC? Or in the Android settings?

Also you trying to do this using your HDMI cable?

Ok, is the video you are trying to watch support the sound codec for Dolby? or is it just AAC 2.0 stereo?

The video file you are trying to watch must support DTS or Dolby in order for XBMC to decode it.

So watching wolverine in 1080p, when I press enter on the remote I see AAC 2.0. Is this the information u mean? That would explain that one not being in surround.

If I try to watch homeland in hd and press enter I see dolby digital 5.1....but no sound from the rear speakers? I'll try that one again and let u know....

The surround works through regular tv, and worked prior to the upgrade thru mygica. I don't haev any apps or favs saved so it was basically a fresh start when I upgraded (no back up). Could I have missed a setting?

Ok so it worked last time I tried homeland. I learned to hit enter as soon as playback starts to check the file info. If it doesn't say 5.1 then try another file. Never seemed to run into that before.....thanks for your help Justin.

Ok good to know that you were able to figure it out.

What a lot of people do to always enjoy Dolby audio is to download what you want to watch over your Local NAS network. This is a better solution, rather then playing a guessing game with each stream.

Hi Justin, how do I do that (download over local NAS network)?

You would have to download video files from the internet onto your PC and keep them in your Video Folder.

Then you can setup NAS network through XBMC by following this video

UBGKcLu7aGk

Thanks, I'll give this a try. It seems every video (thru genesis) I try is only in stereo. Very strange. Never had this before upgrading. There's nothing I'm missing? Its disappointing as the sound is not only in just stereo but its poor quality. Has anyone else brought this prob forward?

Maybe try the new Stable version of 14.0 Kodi?

I do not use 5.1 stereo to watch TV.

Are there any other users on here that can share there experience??