Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cns1000

Trying again ... still not playing videos

I bought this box about five months ago, went back and forth on this board for some period of time when I bought it, and never managed to get video streaming of any kind to work. I posted questions here (under the account name Charles_S, which it will not let me log in on any more, which is why I set up a new account) and never received any useful help by way of reply. I have pretty well given this up as a complete waste of money. Before I actively begin to go to other boards and sites and post negative reviews, I will give this one more try.

It connects wirelessly, it is all updated, the apps start and run, the screens display, but playing of videos does not work. Not on news sites, not on YouTube, not on 5by and similar sites, not in the browser, not anywhere. Either I get an arrow prompt and blank display screen where the video should be, which is not clickable, or I get sound but no video (a black screen), or I get maybe ten or twenty seconds of normal video plus sound, after which the app cuts out and exits back to menu. There are times, just to frustrate me more, where it will, for some random reason, actually begin to work and run normally for twenty minutes or half an hour or so. Always ends, however, with going back to the previous non-playing state. Is this thing really is worthless as it looks ? Are you going to ignore my questions again, as you did last time ? I am hoping there is someone who can give some actual assistance with this.

Thanks

Charles S

I bought this box about five months ago, went back and forth on this board for some period of time when I bought it, and never managed to get video streaming of any kind to work. I posted questions here (under the account name Charles_S, which it will not let me log in on any more, which is why I set up a new account) and never received any useful help by way of reply. I have pretty well given this up as a complete waste of money. Before I actively begin to go to other boards and sites and post negative reviews, I will give this one more try.

It connects wirelessly, it is all updated, the apps start and run, the screens display, but playing of videos does not work. Not on news sites, not on YouTube, not on 5by and similar sites, not in the browser, not anywhere. Either I get an arrow prompt and blank display screen where the video should be, which is not clickable, or I get sound but no video (a black screen), or I get maybe ten or twenty seconds of normal video plus sound, after which the app cuts out and exits back to menu. There are times, just to frustrate me more, where it will, for some random reason, actually begin to work and run normally for twenty minutes or half an hour or so. Always ends, however, with going back to the previous non-playing state. Is this thing really is worthless as it looks ? Are you going to ignore my questions again, as you did last time ? I am hoping there is someone who can give some actual assistance with this.

Thanks

Charles S

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

May I know which firmware version you are running

And have you upgraded it at all since purchasing the unit?

Can't tell you, because as of today it seems the box will not power on at all. Power light shows on the power adapter, the adapter is pluegged in to the box, the remote flashes when you press the on key, so it has power too; but the box will not power on and has no status or other lights. Appears to be dead.

Where do we go from here ?

Hi, this is going to sound really dumb (but I did this once)...check if you are in the DC in rather than the AV port.. They are almost identical in size... Realize this is a shot in the dark, but as I said I did it !

Can't tell you, because as of today it seems the box will not power on at all. Power light shows on the power adapter, the adapter is pluegged in to the box, the remote flashes when you press the on key, so it has power too; but the box will not power on and has no status or other lights. Appears to be dead.

Where do we go from here ?

Try "wallersjs" suggestion. If no go, then you will have to start an RMA ticket

http://rma.mygica.ca