Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elmo1855

Xbmc android advanced settings help

Hi

I am newbie need some help

My setup is HDMI cable from mygica1800e to TV and then optical output of magics to Yamaha Dts receiver

This is because my Yamaha receiver does not support HDMI.

But my problem is no sound whatsoever

Can somebody pls help me thx

Hi

I am newbie need some help

My setup is HDMI cable from mygica1800e to TV and then optical output of magics to Yamaha Dts receiver

This is because my Yamaha receiver does not support HDMI.

But my problem is no sound whatsoever

Can somebody pls help me thx

You must change the sound setting under Advanced settings of Android to SDIF Passthrough

Hi Justin,

I cant find anything in advanced settings that says SPDIF OUTPUT presently. My settings are DIGITAL AUDIO AUTO DETECTION OFF ONLY CHOICE IS PCM..

However when I turn DIGITAL AUDIO DETECTION OFF now i can get the spdif setting, pcm and hdmi..

Here is the confusion what is the purpose of digital audio auto detection settings should be on or off ???

furter more if I turn i off here is additional ssettings i see that I have no clue what to set them for...

1. DTS CHOICES LO/RO, DTS SCALE CONTROL AND DTS DAL NORM CONTROL

2.. DTS SCALE CONTROL

3. DTS DIALNORM CONTROL

4. DTSHDMULASSETDECODE - ON OR OFF

5. DTSHDMUTRANSCODE SET- 0,1 OR 2

6. HDMI OUTPUT MUTE- ON OR OFF

7. SPDIF OUTPUT- ON OR OFF

Can u please shed some light on each of these 7 options as what they should be..I am running latest version 1105 my connections are HDMI CABLE FROM MYGICA1800 TO TV..AND FROM MYGICA BOX OPTICAL OUT TO A YAMAH RECEIVER TAHT SUPPORTS DTS AND ALSO AC3 DLBY DIGITAL..

I only have 2 speakers connected to my receiver..IN xbmc i have set passthrough enabled dts and ac3 also enabled in advanced sbmc settings..

Needed to know firstly if DIGITAL AUDIO AUTO DETECTION SHOULD BE ON OR OFF AND SECONDLY HOW TO CONFIGURE EACH OF ABOVE 7 SETTINGS THX

Hi Justin,

I cant find anything in advanced settings that says SPDIF OUTPUT presently. My settings are DIGITAL AUDIO AUTO DETECTION OFF ONLY CHOICE IS PCM..

However when I turn DIGITAL AUDIO DETECTION OFF now i can get the spdif setting, pcm and hdmi..

Here is the confusion what is the purpose of digital audio auto detection settings should be on or off ???

furter more if I turn i off here is additional ssettings i see that I have no clue what to set them for...

1. DTS CHOICES LO/RO, DTS SCALE CONTROL AND DTS DAL NORM CONTROL

2.. DTS SCALE CONTROL

3. DTS DIALNORM CONTROL

4. DTSHDMULASSETDECODE - ON OR OFF

5. DTSHDMUTRANSCODE SET- 0,1 OR 2

6. HDMI OUTPUT MUTE- ON OR OFF

7. SPDIF OUTPUT- ON OR OFF

Can u please shed some light on each of these 7 options as what they should be..I am running latest version 1105 my connections are HDMI CABLE FROM MYGICA1800 TO TV..AND FROM MYGICA BOX OPTICAL OUT TO A YAMAH RECEIVER TAHT SUPPORTS DTS AND ALSO AC3 DLBY DIGITAL..

I only have 2 speakers connected to my receiver..IN xbmc i have set passthrough enabled dts and ac3 also enabled in advanced sbmc settings..

Needed to know firstly if DIGITAL AUDIO AUTO DETECTION SHOULD BE ON OR OFF AND SECONDLY HOW TO CONFIGURE EACH OF ABOVE 7 SETTINGS THX

Switch auto detect off

Select SDIF

1-5. Do not touch

6. Turn off

7. SDIF Turn on

Then try to see if it works.

Justin,

Thx for the quick response sound working now but my receiver supports dts ..the receiver DTS LIGHT DOESNT LIGHT UP when playing dts movies ..by the way is the some sources in xbmc that have DTS MOVIE SELECTIONS ??

So still no light on receiver indicating DTS also on my tv when xbmc playing itshows as 5.1 1080 movie but says und instead of DTS ??

Justin,

Thx for the quick response sound working now but my receiver supports dts ..the receiver DTS LIGHT DOESNT LIGHT UP when playing dts movies ..by the way is the some sources in xbmc that have DTS MOVIE SELECTIONS ??

So still no light on receiver indicating DTS also on my tv when xbmc playing itshows as 5.1 1080 movie but says und instead of DTS ??

1800E only supports Dolby through Hardware decoding through the HDMI.

XBMC will software decode DTS, but again you would need DTS to be included within the file you are watching.

If anybody else on here can help with this??

Better answers for this could also be found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/

I read through that site weekly, since there is a ton of information on there that I was never even aware of. If you just make a post on there, there are a ton of informed people on there that I am sure can give you a more clear answer.