Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyer_lanski

New Box 582 - How to check current version

Hi,

I just purchased a new AT582 box and am wondering a few things:

firstly, where to go to check the current version? I'd like to know this to see if I have the latest version or if I need to upgrade. Thew only thing I was able to find is upgrade and when i click Manual update now button i see a message saying 'found new version V001M801_20140925 UPDATE NOW?' Not sure what is the current version I have though or what the latest version is. From reading the forums it's not obvious what the upgrade steps are and I don't want to brick the device!

Secondly, this is regarding xbmc. I am trying to set the playback to 720p instead 1080 but that specific setting is permanently disabled in the xbmx settings. Would you know why this is and how to fix it? I am running the version that came with the box, that is 13.1 dated june 2014.

And lastly, is there a way to backup all repositories, addons and settings in xbmx so that when I upgrade I can just import everything instead of setting everything up again?

Thank you in advance and happy new year!

Hi,

I just purchased a new AT582 box and am wondering a few things:

firstly, where to go to check the current version? I'd like to know this to see if I have the latest version or if I need to upgrade. Thew only thing I was able to find is upgrade and when i click Manual update now button i see a message saying 'found new version V001M801_20140925 UPDATE NOW?' Not sure what is the current version I have though or what the latest version is. From reading the forums it's not obvious what the upgrade steps are and I don't want to brick the device!

Secondly, this is regarding xbmc. I am trying to set the playback to 720p instead 1080 but that specific setting is permanently disabled in the xbmx settings. Would you know why this is and how to fix it? I am running the version that came with the box, that is 13.1 dated june 2014.

And lastly, is there a way to backup all repositories, addons and settings in xbmx so that when I upgrade I can just import everything instead of setting everything up again?

Thank you in advance and happy new year!

1. Sounds like you have an older version since it is offering you our 09-25 Update through Over the Air update. If you want the latest update, it can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2154

2. The video output inside XBMC will always be set to 1080P, this is because it is giving you the output mode based on the Android Kernel, which is 1080P for our Quad Core models.

You can easily change the output settings in the Android settings menu to 720P.

3. You can use 2 options for backup of XBMC. First would be the XBMC Backup add on which is offered through the XBMC.ORG Repo under Program Add ons, you can use an SD Card or USB drive for this. Second would be using File Manager, and just copying and pasting the User Data and Add on folders to an SD Card or USB Drive, I personally use this feature, since its an easier way to backup and restore User Data.

4. You can check the version you are on for firmware by simply going to the settings menu, and over to the 4th option "Other"

The build number has a date in it such as

V001M801_20140925

Thank you so much for this information, very helpful. So regarding the firmware update, i should first accept the OTA upgrade to V001M801_20140925 and then manually install this version right after: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2154, (update_Mygica_ATV582_20141105_MAG.zip) is that it?

Is there a way to backup my currect FW in case something goes wrong and I need to revert back to it?

Thank you so much for this information, very helpful. So regarding the firmware update, i should first accept the OTA upgrade to V001M801_20140925 and then manually install this version right after: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2154, (update_Mygica_ATV582_20141105_MAG.zip) is that it?

Is there a way to backup my currect FW in case something goes wrong and I need to revert back to it?

You can just go straight to the new 11-05 firmware, without taking the 09-25 update.

And there is no way to revert back, except for reverting to the 07-24 firmware.

Which firmware version would you say is the most stable overall? I am primarily concerned with xbmx and netflix working properly. The latest firmware seems to have some issues with netflix when reading posts about it which is why I'm asking. Everything works fine on my current except that i'm noticing interlacing when watching sd videos.

Which firmware version would you say is the most stable overall? I am primarily concerned with xbmx and netflix working properly. The latest firmware seems to have some issues with netflix when reading posts about it which is why I'm asking. Everything works fine on my current except that i'm noticing interlacing when watching sd videos.

If you don't want to take the 11-05 update due to fears of Netflix not operating properly, I would wait for our next update.

Interlacing has been fixed on the 11-05 update.

I was also prompted for 0925 ota update but I went with the manual update and installed 1105 directly. Huge performance improvement and free memory increased as well. Video buffering also improved in xbmc. No video or other issues so far that I am seeing.

I didnt check netflix though as my account is disabled right now. you can update to 1105 firmware and the next patch and skip the 1080p video fix patch if you like and see how netflix performs with just firmware update and one patch.

I was also prompted for 0925 ota update but I went with the manual update and installed 1105 directly. Huge performance improvement and free memory increased as well. Video buffering also improved in xbmc. No video or other issues so far that I am seeing.

I didnt check netflix though as my account is disabled right now. you can update to 1105 firmware and the next patch and skip the 1080p video fix patch if you like and see how netflix performs with just firmware update and one patch.

Good to hear you are enjoying this update

Thanks !! good work here with the new update, just difficult for new users to understand and clearly see what to apply and what firmware to go with.

Like the uboot I mentioned in another thread, I am not sure what is that for and why that wasnt included with 1105 firmware.

Thanks !! good work here with the new update, just difficult for new users to understand and clearly see what to apply and what firmware to go with.

Like the uboot I mentioned in another thread, I am not sure what is that for and why that wasnt included with 1105 firmware.

We build the Uboot into the firmware now so it is an all in one file.

This is so users will now have to install 1 file and not 2.

Excellent! one firmware file is much easier and removes confusion.. and good job with 1005. It took me some time here understand what to apply and what not to. Interlacing and other smaller issues were bad with earlier version that I used (20140801).

Can I upgrade to the latest Firmware directly from ATV582 - V001M801_20140801 to the latest Firmware posted 20150321?

Yes you can

But I would suggest checking for an OTA update inside the Upgrade App.

Turn off Automatic and check for it manually, there should be 20150721 available