Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

domito

ATV520E random wakes

I have an ATV520E set up on an HDMI switch so that I can have multiple inputs on one HMDI port on the TV. When using one of the other devices on the switch when the ATV520E is in standby it will wake up every few minutes and take over the display, which disrupts the active input.

I could power off the ATV520E when I am not using it, but that means a long wait for it to boot every time I want to use it (several times a day).

Is there any way to stop the box from waking up every few minutes?

Thanks!

I have an ATV520E set up on an HDMI switch so that I can have multiple inputs on one HMDI port on the TV. When using one of the other devices on the switch when the ATV520E is in standby it will wake up every few minutes and take over the display, which disrupts the active input.

I could power off the ATV520E when I am not using it, but that means a long wait for it to boot every time I want to use it (several times a day).

Is there any way to stop the box from waking up every few minutes?

Thanks!

Which version of Android are you running?

I have actually figured out the problem for this.

When the box is in standby mode, the internet signal is still active. And certain apps are requesting to use data. That is why the box turns on/off periodically.

We do not offer a full power off mode, because the IR remote cannot wake the unit up from this mode.

So is a solution in the works for the firmware or are we to just deal with it accordingly? It is a bit of a frustration when watching regular TV. In an hour it happens maybe 5 times.

Ideally standby mode would automatically disable networking (or everything but the IR sensor).

There are apps like Privacy Guard on a lot of ROMs that would allow a user to disable background data or wakes from apps. Any chance we could get a version of that running on this box? It probably requires root, has anyone rooted it?

Ideally standby mode would automatically disable networking (or everything but the IR sensor).

There are apps like Privacy Guard on a lot of ROMs that would allow a user to disable background data or wakes from apps. Any chance we could get a version of that running on this box? It probably requires root, has anyone rooted it?

The 520E Comes rooted already.

So you should be able to install privacy guard without issues.

Unfortunately App Ops was only available in Android 4.3 and later. Since the MyGica is 4.2.2 it looks like a non-starter. I'm still looking to see if I can find something similar for 4.2.2. If you know of any please advise.

Thanks

It looks like the latest kodi firmware update behaves differently when put in standby. The most noticable difference is that the from LED no longer turns red when it goes into standby. I am not sure if my issue is fixed but I'll keep an eye on it.

Will try this myself.

I use a ATV 1200 at home, and my unit still goes Red when I put it into standby, and I am using the latest update.

Will try this on a 520E

I tried it again last night and now I am seeing it go red. It does take longer than it did before, maybe I was just not watching it long enough. Still watching it for now to see if the screen wake issue is still ongoing.

I tried it again last night and now I am seeing it go red. It does take longer than it did before, maybe I was just not watching it long enough. Still watching it for now to see if the screen wake issue is still ongoing.

Ok let us know

Thanks