Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yann

Ethernet port not working

Hi guys, I just bought this unit, exchange my atv850e for the atv1800e. So far everything worked fine, I got scared on the firmware update via the sd card, it failed multiple time and nothing would load, couldn't even revert back, anyway, not sure what happened, after multiple times it finally proceeded as it should and completed the update.

Now to my issue, the Ethernet port on my unit seems dead, from the time I plugged it in I was never able to get the Ethernet to work, it keep asking me to plug in my cable when it was plugged it all along, I tested the many cables I tried with and they all worked, I could not get it to connect. I don't see the lights on the port flash at all when the cable is in so I'm thinking the port is dead.

Any ideas?

Hi guys, I just bought this unit, exchange my atv850e for the atv1800e. So far everything worked fine, I got scared on the firmware update via the sd card, it failed multiple time and nothing would load, couldn't even revert back, anyway, not sure what happened, after multiple times it finally proceeded as it should and completed the update.

Now to my issue, the Ethernet port on my unit seems dead, from the time I plugged it in I was never able to get the Ethernet to work, it keep asking me to plug in my cable when it was plugged it all along, I tested the many cables I tried with and they all worked, I could not get it to connect. I don't see the lights on the port flash at all when the cable is in so I'm thinking the port is dead.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the port is dead, if you are not even getting the lights on it when you have a cable plugged into it.

Ok, that's what I thought, I guess I'll have to go exchange it if you can't think of anything else.

Sounds like the ethernet port is defective.

I would suggest getting it exchanged.

It uses both network interfaces simultaneously (if you are connected to two different LANs, you can use network resources from both), but default route for internet is an active interface with higher position in Service Order menu from the Network pane.