Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lewis87

Internet Speed Slow

I have owned the new 1800e for approx. a month and all internet speed tests point to the box downloading between 5 to7 mbps when I get on avg 25 to 30 on laptop and computer. Lots of buffering??? with Ethernet direct connection

router - TP-LINK AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router, otherwise known as Archer C7.

Archer C7 happens to communicate at 450 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band and 1,300 Mbps over the 5 GHz frequency. The 802.11 ac standard allows for such high limits.

modem - Motorola SURFboard SB6141 - DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem - Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps

and I have 60mpbs ISP provider (Vmedia)

So as you can see I have no idea why I am experiencing such slow speeds when I have the latest and greatest hardware and have high speed internet

I have owned the new 1800e for approx. a month and all internet speed tests point to the box downloading between 5 to7 mbps when I get on avg 25 to 30 on laptop and computer. Lots of buffering??? with Ethernet direct connection

router - TP-LINK AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router, otherwise known as Archer C7.

Archer C7 happens to communicate at 450 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band and 1,300 Mbps over the 5 GHz frequency. The 802.11 ac standard allows for such high limits.

modem - Motorola SURFboard SB6141 - DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem - Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps

and I have 60mpbs ISP provider (Vmedia)

So as you can see I have no idea why I am experiencing such slow speeds when I have the latest and greatest hardware and have high speed internet

Have you tried doing a speedtest with the OOKLA Speedtest app from the Play Store?

Because the pre installed speed test app on the box does not work properly.