Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missionaborted

ATV1200 Remote (KR60) Issue

I've been scouring the forums looking for a solution and can't find anything, so I apologize if this has been covered before or elsewhere...

After almost bricking my ATV1200 I was able to bring it back from the brink of death via recovery mode upgrade to 4.2 firmware. While the box works great with my usb mouse, the remote has stopped working. From what I understand, the firmware upgrade I Installed was not compatible with the remote and I needed to upgrade the firmware for the KR60.

I downloaded the firmware .pdf from the MyGica support page and followed instructions for KR60 remote setup. I placed the downloaded spi and KR60 .img files on SD card and placed it in the MyGica SD card slot. The files, however, were not visible when I tried to use the Upgrade app and install from local. As per the instructions, I pressed the home button on the remote 8 times, but nothing changed. I then placed the .img files on a usb flash drive but the result was the same... nothing showing up in the Upgrade app.

My third course of action was to use MyGica's installed browser to download the files directly to the ATV1200. I got the same result when trying to use the Upgrade app. I checked the file browser and file manager each time and the files were on the SD card, USB drive and in the downloads folder. My fourth attempt was to enter recovery mode and try to install the update that way... the upgrades began, but each time I tried, the update aborted.

I really want to get this remote working again. Is there anything else I can do to get the Upgrade app to recognize the .img files or otherwise get the spi and KR60 firmware loaded?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glad to hear you got it working

Just want to clarify for others based on your first post.

You must hit the 3 lined context menu button 8+ times, not the home button. To make the new files appear.