Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsirotich

Cannot update firmware

I just purchased the ATV 1200 On Sunday January 18, 2015. One of the first things I do with a new electronic product is update the firmware to the latest version. So, I downloaded the files update_spi_stvmx_20140322.img and update_MyGica_4.2_20140922_KR60.img and copied it to an SD Card. I upgraded the first file through the application without issue but could not see the second file on the SD card. Copied the files onto USB drive and could not see the file. Tried a hard reboot and the remote cannot move the cursor to select upgrade from EXT from the menu. No button works on the remote. The box works but I cannot get the latest version of the firmware onto it. Any suggestions?

Rinaldo

I just purchased the ATV 1200 On Sunday January 18, 2015. One of the first things I do with a new electronic product is update the firmware to the latest version. So, I downloaded the files update_spi_stvmx_20140322.img and update_MyGica_4.2_20140922_KR60.img and copied it to an SD Card. I upgraded the first file through the application without issue but could not see the second file on the SD card. Copied the files onto USB drive and could not see the file. Tried a hard reboot and the remote cannot move the cursor to select upgrade from EXT from the menu. No button works on the remote. The box works but I cannot get the latest version of the firmware onto it. Any suggestions?

Rinaldo

Use the app "Upgrade"

Press the 3 Lined Context menu button on the remote 8+ times and the file should appear.

I tried that already. The recovery screen does not respond to the remote. The instructions are to use the volume buttons to move the selection but it does not respond. I have the KR60 remote.

I was able to select the files and processed the first one without issue. The second file update_MyGica_4.2_20140922_KR60.img aborted. Is there another file I should be trying? Are there log files I can look at to see why the update file will not load?

The files worked. Thank you.

It should be easier to get the latest updates installed on the devise. Automatic updates should be automatic. Please pass on the message.