Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elmo1855

MYGICA 1800 ETHERNET SPEED

Hi i have 2 ethernet connected new mygica 1800 boxes I have high speed internet speed when I disconnect the ethernet cable and plug into my pc and measure my speeds using ookla I get about 250Mb/s downloads and 20 uploads that is my package and that perfect to what get.

However when I connected the same ethernet to mygica and use thae speed app that came with the mygica i get 4Mb/s download i installed ookla from playstore and I get 14Mb/s download .Next I tries with wireless ac and getting 28Mb/sec..Something is very wrong my download speeds are 250Mb and that is my package from bell when measures with laptop getting full throughput but when using hardwired mygica only getting 5mb/s with ethernet whle wireless giving me 28Mb download something is vey wrong..was wondering if this can be addressed on next firmware..

Its not a hardware issue. I pulled an entire case of 1800s from our warehouse and did speedtest using OOKLA Speed test app and got the same results on all 20 units, which were consistant with the Internet speed that we have in our office.

I have this on high alert to fix by firmware. This is top priority for us right now, as I see lots of people across the forum are having issues related to this.

It seems to trend to people that have internet speeds over 100 MBS. Well I hope there is a firmware fix. I wonder if that new box with the 1000 Ethernet has this issue.

Hi justin,

I am a bit confused but wat d you mean you got same resutlts on all 20 units ..can u pls eloborate what you got while hardwired and what you got when on wifi also wta kind of wifi u have a/c , n or g..thx

I am a bit confused but what do you mean you got same results on all 20 units ..can u pls eloborate what you got while hardwired and what you got when on wifi also what kind of wifi u have a/c , n or g..thx

sorry for typo on previous reply..thx

I will do this again and post my results.

We use Wireless N routers in our office. AC will only work the way its supposed to on devices that support AC wifi, which is up to 1GB over wifi basically.

I was under the impression that the 1800e doesn't support AC Ethernet Justin?

It doesn't.

Sorry If my post is confusing, but what I meant is AC Routers only work the way there supposed to with devices that support AC, which is basically 1GBPS.

And what I meant by this, is we do not use AC routers in our offices because we don't have any devices that support AC right now.

My AC router supports AC, but also N,G. The other devices on my network that us AC are all getting speeds that reflect this.

I wouldn't assume that the 1800e should allow speeds that top out at 100mbs. Yes/no?

Thanks for responding Justin.

Fastest Internet speed that I have available to use is 50mbps.

Our offices only offer 50mbps through Bell Fibe. And my home connection with Rogers is 50mbps as well.

Sorry but do you mean you would assume the 1800E should support internet connections that are above 100mbps?

Justin, I also seem to be getting this Ethernet connection issue. I have a 25Mbps service and when I check with the MyGica Speedtest it shows 8.41Mbts. I just got off the phone with the ISP Tech Support and the line checks OK. Desktop running Speedtest runs at 25Mbps.

I have a ASUS RT-AC66U Dual Band router between the modem and the MyGica, could that be the problem?

I only received the box earlier this week, upgraded it to the latest firmware and software levels.

Any suggestion on what to do??

Same issue here. I have 55 down 10 up internet

With Ethernet my speed test is around 5 down 3 up

With WIFI is pulls 30 down 10 up...

Thanks for looking into this.

To clarify. My tests were done with the OOKLA speed test, not the generic one that was pre installed on the machine.

There is a definite issue with wired. My 1800 is literally right beside my router so it's not a big deal to your wireless, but something is up with it.

Hi I have one 1800E box and 2 mygica 1200 box I have the same issue on all 3 mygica boxes on WiFi I have 10 down and 2up but on Ethernet it dropped to 6 down and 1? Up using ookla speed test .i have already installed several mygica boxes for friends and they have same problem .

Justin, any update to this issue ? I'm still having reduced ethernet speeds using the Ookla speedtest as compared to WIFI...

Thanks.

Last firmware update I got on Friday has my Ethernet now running at 49MBPS, and we have 50MBPS download speed with Bell Fibe.

Before we were getting different results everytime, but we peaked at only 28MBPS before.

I was just about to post the same issue for Mygica 1200 when I saw your post.

I am running XBMC version 13.2 on MyGica. Fresh start 2 days ago (right out of the box)

I get 75 Mbps download speed on my computer through ethernet.

I get 11 Mbps download speed on Mygica 1200 through ethernet

I get 70 Mbps download speed on Laptop through Wifi

I get 25 Mbps download speed on Mygica 1200 through Wifi

All devices are within 5 feet of each other, and within 10 feet of router.

I wondered if I needed to change something in the Ethernet settings on MyGica

Brent

I was just about to post the same issue for Mygica 1200 when I saw your post.

I am running XBMC version 13.2 on MyGica. Fresh start 2 days ago (right out of the box)

I get 75 Mbps download speed on my computer through ethernet.

I get 11 Mbps download speed on Mygica 1200 through ethernet

I get 70 Mbps download speed on Laptop through Wifi

I get 25 Mbps download speed on Mygica 1200 through Wifi

All devices are within 5 feet of each other, and within 10 feet of router.

I wondered if I needed to change something in the Ethernet settings on MyGica

Brent

I would have to speculate that this is a firmware issue with the 1200. It was indeed a firmware issue with the 1800e. Last posted firmware has fixed it. The Ethernet is fixed anyway.