Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genesimmons8

No 480i ?

I bought the ATV1200 to use on an older tv with the RCA connections. From what I've read, you have to first hook it up to a monitor, go to display and select the 480i setting then you can use it on the older tv. Problem is that there is no 480i in any of the options. I am unable to select it as it is not there. I think 720 was the lowest setting listed and all I get is black and white scrolling. It works fine using HDMI cable to the monitor and I have also restored it to factory settings as well. No signal from the composite cable output, only from HDMI and black and white scrolling from the Red White Yellow outputs. Any idea's?

I bought the ATV1200 to use on an older tv with the RCA connections. From what I've read, you have to first hook it up to a monitor, go to display and select the 480i setting then you can use it on the older tv. Problem is that there is no 480i in any of the options. I am unable to select it as it is not there. I think 720 was the lowest setting listed and all I get is black and white scrolling. It works fine using HDMI cable to the monitor and I have also restored it to factory settings as well. No signal from the composite cable output, only from HDMI and black and white scrolling from the Red White Yellow outputs. Any idea's?

Use the app Settings MBOX. You can change the display resolution setting to 480i from there.

If you are using Android 4.2, RCA should just work right away though without even changing the resolution.

There are no 480 setting there. It starts at 720 and goes up.

I just tried it here on 3 different models we have on display in our office. And was able to scroll up and down and got

480 i

576 i

720P

1080P

All in 50 and 60hz

Which firmware version are you using? So I can make sure I am trying the same one.

I have a similar issue .. I bought the ATV1200 .. It does not have any component video jacks at all - when I connect the RCA jacks which pick up right away

but I cannot get any audio and there are no display options for 480i or any other .. I only get Font size & wireless display