Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geebee75

Skype Video Conferencing

Hi,

I've discovered that although video chat through Skype works when the conversation is only 1-to-1, but video DOESN'T work when you have more than one person in the video chat.

EG: You and 1 other person in a video chat works, but add a 3rd person to the video chat and video quits and you get audio only.

Is this a Skype for Android limitation, or a hardware/MyGica limitation? Skype's docs in general say it will revert to audio only if the hardware isn't robust enough for 2 video windows. (Which on a 582 I would have thought the HW would be powerful enough).

Hi,

I've discovered that although video chat through Skype works when the conversation is only 1-to-1, but video DOESN'T work when you have more than one person in the video chat.

EG: You and 1 other person in a video chat works, but add a 3rd person to the video chat and video quits and you get audio only.

Is this a Skype for Android limitation, or a hardware/MyGica limitation? Skype's docs in general say it will revert to audio only if the hardware isn't robust enough for 2 video windows. (Which on a 582 I would have thought the HW would be powerful enough).

This probably relates to a skype app issue. Unless Skype video is requesting a lot of ram to do more then 1 video at a time.

Have you tried Google Hangouts? for multi video?

So I can confirm at least with my 582, current firmware and current version of Skype that you cannot do a 3-way video conference. Which sucks because this was a show-stopper for my client and now I have to pull out the 582 and put in a small PC or something. :(

They insist on Skype - not Google or anything else unfortunately. Oh well.

Ok sorry about this.

Will try and see if this can be fixed in the future for conferencing on Skype, as this sounds like a neat feature.