Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmp

HDMI Audio

Hi there,

I've got an ATV1800e. When using the HDMI the unit passes audio straight to the TV without any problems, however when I plug it into my AV receiver (Yamaha RXV2067) no audio goes into the receiver, it doesn't register anything... Video on the the other hand is fine.

Other HDMI devices have no problems feeding into the receiver for both audio and video.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

My firmware is build number V002M801_20150104

Regards,

Dmp.

Hi there,

I've got an ATV1800e. When using the HDMI the unit passes audio straight to the TV without any problems, however when I plug it into my AV receiver (Yamaha RXV2067) no audio goes into the receiver, it doesn't register anything... Video on the the other hand is fine.

Other HDMI devices have no problems feeding into the receiver for both audio and video.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

My firmware is build number V002M801_20150104

Regards,

Dmp.

Have you tried changing the settings for audio to passthrough?

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your message.

HDMI audio pass through is already enabled, its working on the tv, but not receiver...

Thanks,

Dion.

Pls check the following first disable passthrough on xbmc settings, then make sure volume is set to max this is in xbmc setting all the way at top same screen as pasthrough setting.audio..this setting is greyed out till u disable passthrough..

after disabling passthrough set volume to maximium 0 leave the amplification the way it is..

next go the main mygica page go t settings an then go more settings this wil bring to android settings look for sound make sure volume is set to maximum..

Now see if you get volume ..if you dont here is some more things to check..

go to main mygica page go to settings and then advanced ..scroll down till u see hdmi mute make sure it is disabled and spdif output is enabled ..sometimes u wont see this setting till u disable auto detect digital audio..

lastly also make sure on your yamaha receiver u are correct source and choose auto as a sound mode..

when all ok pls now change your setting to hdmi pasthrough in xbmc

Hope ths helps..