Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikedem

web stream stuttering

hi guys,

Ive had my ATV520e for a little over a year and love it. One issue I am having though is watching any live web streams. these are legit streams usually of live racing events. The web stream stutters every second or so and is quite noticeable. Happens on any browser you can install. If I stream the same content with my laptop hooked to the tv it is perfect as is it on the desktop pc. Tried streaming the Rolex 24 and today the Bathurst 12hr and any other event like this and the problem only happens on the ATV520E. I am hard wired, not wifi so that isnt the issue. I can stream 1080p content inside XBMC no problem either. Any idea? thanks

hi guys,

Ive had my ATV520e for a little over a year and love it. One issue I am having though is watching any live web streams. these are legit streams usually of live racing events. The web stream stutters every second or so and is quite noticeable. Happens on any browser you can install. If I stream the same content with my laptop hooked to the tv it is perfect as is it on the desktop pc. Tried streaming the Rolex 24 and today the Bathurst 12hr and any other event like this and the problem only happens on the ATV520E. I am hard wired, not wifi so that isnt the issue. I can stream 1080p content inside XBMC no problem either. Any idea? thanks

Are these streams your trying Flash by chance?

If so have you tried the Dolphin Jetpack Browser or Puffin Browser?

well it seems as the hard wired connection seems to be the source of the stutter. On wifi the stutter is gone. Ethernet seems really slow using speedtest.net. Have 60 gb service and get about 55GB on a desktop but only 12GBs through the mygica box.

well it seems as the hard wired connection seems to be the source of the stutter. On wifi the stutter is gone. Ethernet seems really slow using speedtest.net. Have 60 gb service and get about 55GB on a desktop but only 12GBs through the mygica box.

Yes were aware of the speed issues on ethernet.

Still being worked on.