Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Mog

DTS Issue

Hi, new owner of a MyGica 1800e.

I seem to have an issue playing back DTS video files. Running Kodi 14.1 on the box, I have a soundbar, 2.1 and pass-through enabled in the settings. When I go to play a DTS file, there is no sound - in fact the sound gets hosed for the entire box (including the MyGica menu 'tick' sound even when not in Kodi). No issues with Dolby Digital or stereo through the bar.

Now if I use the Movie4K player that came installed with the box, it plays DTS files just fine. However this sucks since some of the streams available through Kodi are DTS which means I can't play those streams without hosing the sound (many times only a reboot will restore the sound to the box; other times if you wait for a minute or 2 it will come back).

Any ideas? I'm using an HDMI straight into the bar - haven't had any other problems with other players, the bar can definitely process the DTS natively. There's also no issue with my Kodi on the WIndows desktop; I can pipe the sound from this direct to the bar and it will output it without an issue.

Gord

I have had issues with DTS on KODI/XBMC with a few customers lately.

One of them was able to figure it out actually. They said for DTS you must turn off accelleration within KODI settings, and your DTS will start to work.

Sorry If I cannot give more info on this. But you might find more info on this by going here.

http://forum.kodi.tv/index.php

Thanks Justin. Couldn't find the info on that site - most of the issues with DTS have to do with sync which isn't the issue - it's no audio at all. Kodi doesn't seem to have a way to turn the acceleration off completely - you've got the choice between hardware and software or the individual components. Disabling them one by one or all at once made no difference.

If you could find out from that customer exactly what setting he/she was playing with it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gord

Pls check the following first disable passthrough on xbmc settings, then make sure volume is set to max this is in xbmc setting all the way at top same screen as pasthrough setting.audio..this setting is greyed out till u disable passthrough..

after disabling passthrough set volume to maximium 0 leave the amplification the way it is..

next go the main mygica page go t settings an then go more settings this wil bring to android settings look for sound make sure volume is set to maximum..

Now see if you get volume ..if you dont here is some more things to check..

go to main mygica page go to settings and then advanced ..scroll down till u see hdmi mute make sure it is disabled and spdif output is enabled ..sometimes u wont see this setting till u disable auto detect digital audio..

lastly also make sure on your yamaha receiver u are correct source and choose auto as a sound mode..

when all ok pls now change your setting to hdmi pasthrough in xbmc

Ok thanks Elmo I'll try some of these. One question though - why would I enable spdif when everything is going through the HDMI cable? My soundbar (I don't have a Yamaha Amp) has direct HDMI in so no need to use an SPDIF cable at any point (the sound bar handles the video out to the TV).

I know that DTS works without a doubt because I downloaded MX Player and it outputs DTS just fine. But I'll try those suggestions and see what happens.

Gord

my apologes the very last part about enabling spdif was for my situation since i was using optical cable from my receiver, in your case you should mmake sure spdif is muted in advanced settings as per instructions on previous reply and hdmii output is not muted..

Thanks for the help but no go on any of the solutions. Pretty much what I've tried already. Talking with people around the Kodi boards, it seems to be processor specific. The problem is with Kodi written specifically for the boxes. There's some code that plays nice with some boxes and doesn't with others.

No matter, for now I'll use the MX Player since it outputs DTS flawlessly. Only issue would be I won't be able to stream DTS through Kodi but not a big deal since most streams are 2.0 or Dolby Digital anyways.

Had one customer recently that had DTS issues in Kodi.

They told me in the settings of KODI they turned Hardware accelleration off, and DTS started to work great for them.

Im not at the office till Monday, so cannot try this myself. But maybe try it for your self

Let me know

Thanks