Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dstasiuk

582 Remote not working

Greetings.

My 582 appears to have crashed. I downloaded the new firmware to try to recover it, but cannot get it installed. When powered up the unit shows the "Kit Kat" welcome splash, and then the screen goes blank, eventually coming up with a recovery window that has options for a number of items. However, it advises to use the volume buttons on the remote to select the desired option and press okay. Problem is none of the buttons on the remote will create any response from the 582, rendering me unable to select any of the available options.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this "conundrum"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derrick

Greetings.

My 582 appears to have crashed. I downloaded the new firmware to try to recover it, but cannot get it installed. When powered up the unit shows the "Kit Kat" welcome splash, and then the screen goes blank, eventually coming up with a recovery window that has options for a number of items. However, it advises to use the volume buttons on the remote to select the desired option and press okay. Problem is none of the buttons on the remote will create any response from the 582, rendering me unable to select any of the available options.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this "conundrum"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derrick

Try using a USB keyboard while in recovery mode.

And try installing this firmware

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=2154

Using an SD card or USB drive, then select reboot box.

Your box should be fixed from this.

Let me know

Thanks