Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

speedymmx

New Firmware Upgrade

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my E520 to the newest firmware, released on Feb 12/2015.

Do we have to extract and rename the main folder to .IMG or do we extract the files to the root of the sd card?

Tried both ways and the upgrade from local option doesn't see the files, I'm already running the previous 4.2.2 version.

any how to or suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my E520 to the newest firmware, released on Feb 12/2015.

Do we have to extract and rename the main folder to .IMG or do we extract the files to the root of the sd card?

Tried both ways and the upgrade from local option doesn't see the files, I'm already running the previous 4.2.2 version.

any how to or suggestions?

Thanks

You just extract the IMG file to the root of your SD Card.

If you cannot see it on the upgrade app. Hit the 3 lined context menu button on your remote 8+ times and it should appear.

by speedymmx,

I did end up having to add .IMG at the end of the folder name to be detected by the upgrade App.

Everything seems to be working great.

Thanks

How's the performance with Kodi? Any problems so far using the new firmware?

Thanks,

Kaito

I'm not too techie and only use the box occasionally so apologies if my comments are a little low-level:

I found that if I used a third-party bluetooth airpad/remote, the upgrade file didn't appear. It immediately appeared when I used the official remote without having to press that button eight times. Weird. I also changed extension to ".img"

I watched a tv stream last night and without getting too technical, the picture looked better than before, with no "judder" (on previous version, you could just notice a very slight stutter, particularly as the camera shot panned). I think the 14.1 menu generally runs a bit quicker than 12.2, too. It did crash back to Android "home" once, although it used to occasionally anyway.

I also set up a *popular* handy installer and ran a *popular* addon wizard and a few of the default apps failed to install, one of the *more popular* addons in particular, I think. It did install manually afterwards, however. The Wizard in question now also has a dedicated MyGica setting, which I haven't seen before.

However, I thought that support for this box might have been at an end, so am grateful for the update which will hopefully see another couple of years use out of it.

You just have to extract the IMG file from within the ZIP folder to your PC and then to the root of your SD card.

I cannot upload the IMG file directly as our forum will not allow this file format.

I am going to get XC Techs to change this video, since it seems to be confusing people.

Can anyone tell me where on this website do you get the 510B firmware updates ?

Regards

On Android or XBMC/KODI Linux??