Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McRoots

Ethernet Connectivity

Hey,

I've had the 582 since Christmas. I'm enjoying it so far but I have one issue that is bugging me. I can't stream video content from my NAS (either DVD or BD rips). But I can stream it okay (struggles occasionally) over Wifi.

I know it should work on my network because I have another kodi box (a windows PC) and it works perfectly over my Ethernet connection.

In theory, it should be better and fast over the ethernet than wifi. Is there a way to fix that or is it a known problem that's being worked on?

Appreciate any tips to sort this out.

OK first ... all I use is the Ethernet connection .. I never use the Wifi .. have you checked all network issues? What is the exact setup? IE Router, Switch, etc .. Cable is still good? ( at least Cat5E). I do know some people were talking about the issues of speeds being slower on the Ethernet ( search around this forum you will find it ) I personally have not experienced this. Are you 100% sure it's not a cache issue between the NAS and Android box? Does the box play the videos fine from a USB plugged directly into the Android box?

So my 582 is connected by cat5e directly to my Asus Dark Knight router as is my NAS.

I just ran the ookla speed test both wired and via wifi. Similarly fast results. So I assume connectivity is fine.

Maybe it's a problem with how I set it up. Right now, it's connecting via a Samba share. Should I try another way?

I would love to get this solved. Over the wifi, it chokes on some 1080p content, sometimes. Kind of frustrating.

I have been going back and forth testing new FIrmware files testing the Wifi and Ethernet speeds since they are making changes to it.

I have made sure to include these changes and to have them fully working the way there supposed to on our next update.