Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV1800E - February update

Hi Justin,

Have you posted the latest update for the quad core models yet? Also can you give the location if already done. I had a look on the Myigica.com site etc. I thought there was a problem with the way that Im accessing the site (via ipad) , cleared cache, reinstalled browser etc. Tried on my PC and MAC but zip! Also can you give us the change log for the latest update, this should be the last update on Kitkat AFAIK.

Also why does Mygica take so long to release firmware updates?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Justin,

Have you posted the latest update for the quad core models yet? Also can you give the location if already done. I had a look on the Myigica.com site etc. I thought there was a problem with the way that Im accessing the site (via ipad) , cleared cache, reinstalled browser etc. Tried on my PC and MAC but zip! Also can you give us the change log for the latest update, this should be the last update on Kitkat AFAIK.

Also why does Mygica take so long to release firmware updates?

Thanks in advance.

I have an update, but it only has KODI 14.0. I will post it later today for anyone to use.

I cant get anything newer out till after Chinese New Years, because our offices in China are closed right now till about Feb 28th, so no work is being done till then from that office.

And its not that we take to long, this would have been released sooner if I didn't stop it due to KODI 14.1 coming out, but there wasnt enough time before our engineers went on holidays to get this done.

I mainly delayed it because, if we came out with KODI 14.0, and 14.1 is now available on Kodi.tv, the big question would be when is 14.1 coming? So I just wanted to avoid that.

A change log will be given for sure. What do you mean this should be the last update on KITKAT AFAIK?

If anyone wants the new Kodi they could just download it from the site I reckon. Not a big show stopper IMHO as there needs to be additional engineering to make it work that will take time, most of the bug fixes are minor fixes. Kodi has several bug fixes throughout the year so it will be a nightmare to wait for new firmware everytime a .1 increment or version update is released.

If you look at the Geniatech video on YouTube for Lollipop it said that Lollipop can be expected in the second quarter of 2015 for the quad core models. It's in beta already for sure. My assumption is that this might either be the last or second last update on a kitkat before we see Android L for the quadcores.

I installed Kodi 14.1 on my 1800e today and so far, seems to be working fine from my very limited exploration. A couple of skins that I was using in 13.2 Gotham are no longer supported, but that was expected as their supported was dropped.

I downloaded the Android ARM .apk file from here: http://kodi.tv/download/ and then I used the App Installer to scan my device for .apk files.

Then I just selected the Kodi 14.1 file that I had downloaded and installed it. The upgrade migrated my Gotham 13.2 library etc... as expected.

Will continue to explore. Had to go back to the Confluence skin.

Justin, You keep mentioning you're going to post the February update for the 1800e later on in the day as I've seen you post on several posts, but you never seem to do this,

I purchased an 1800e and have nothing but problems with it, I am hoping the update will solve a lot of issues, otherwise I will just return this piece of junk box. With some software improvements and a working WiFi this box would be good, but it's too problematic, first I lost sound then I reset it and it dropped down to a previous 11/05 firmware and when I updated it to 11/05 I lost wifi, but regained the sound.

So i'm hoping the new firmware will fix the wifi and update xmbc to kodi 14.0 at least.

ive been involved in over 25 purchases of this model and 2 of them were returned otherwise all boxes have performed very well and everyone is quite happy with them

I just upgraded mine to the new Kodi 14.2 “Helix” (release candidate)

I first backed up my xmbc just in case, downloaded the file installed worked perfect kept all my old settings

Been going back and forth with Firmware files for last few weeks on 1800E/582 and 585.

Once it is approved by team and I it will then be released for download.

Not giving dates anymore, when its ready, it will be posted.

Have you tested the Kodi 15.0 “Isengard” (development builds)

the 14.2 seems to be issue free atm for me

Haven't had any time to. Will try to get at it this weekend though

Well seems the 14.2 looked like it was fine yesterday .but today when i tried to play a mkv movie via usb or tried to stream a movie the vid was basically locked or super slow mo or not play at all

Curretnly doing a restore then i'll reload with just the 14.0

I have the same issue with Kodi 14.2. Not sure what's up there. Was fine at first.

Any word on when this thing is going to be able to play Netflix in HD?

The last update only show the 4K Laucher, any way to make the icons apps smaller?

The 4K Launcher does not allow you to change the app icon sizes.

You can always install one of the 500+ Android Launchers from the Play Store, if you do not like the 4K Launcher

One of my favorites is this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ome&hl=eny