Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murph

Buffering / freezing recently using Kodi

Hello all, Is anyone else suddenly experiencing buffering when watching content over Kodi? Never happened before and seems worse when watching a TV series as opposed to a movie.. I know people will say its a result of the stream but strange that it never happened before .

Any suggestions on how to cure?

ATV 1800e

Hello all, Is anyone else suddenly experiencing buffering when watching content over Kodi? Never happened before and seems worse when watching a TV series as opposed to a movie.. I know people will say its a result of the stream but strange that it never happened before .

Any suggestions on how to cure?

ATV 1800e

This happens on every stream you try?

As most addons give you 20+ streams to choose from for one episode/movie

Commenting from the sidelines here but have you checked your bandwidth speed recently? I have Bell and my router drops occasionally to the point that I have to unplug it and/or phone Bell and give them s***.

To describe my freezing problem a little more so you can compare, the movie would play just fine and every 5 minutes the image would freeze but the audio would go on.

If I would go back a little (30sec) and play again, it would play fine again for 5 or maybe 10 minutes then the issue would repeat.

I have had the freezing issue recently once on my 380 but based on the fact that it happened only once I blame the streaming source and not the device.

I don't have any buffering issues from my local sources, even with external ones unless the server is busy and that normally gets resolved by picking another source.

Hope this helps.

To describe my freezing problem a little more so you can compare, the movie would play just fine and every 5 minutes the image would freeze but the audio would go on.

If I would go back a little (30sec) and play again, it would play fine again for 5 or maybe 10 minutes then the issue would repeat.

I have had the freezing issue recently once on my 380 but based on the fact that it happened only once I blame the streaming source and not the device.

I don't have any buffering issues from my local sources, even with external ones unless the server is busy and that normally gets resolved by picking another source.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest a Software reset would fix the issue, it seems drivers for video could be corrupted

When you say reset software are you talking about kodi. Or Mygica 1800E ! Also has anybody tried this !! As I have the same problems . But no problems using a tablet with kodi works fine . :D

When you say reset software are you talking about kodi. Or Mygica 1800E ! Also has anybody tried this !! As I have the same problems . But no problems using a tablet with kodi works fine . :D

I believe he is referring to resetting the 1800E.