Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoffo

shared folders

I cant seem to get the box to read anything on my network other than the router. Im tying to set it up so i can play a movie from the shared folder on my laptop, and cant figure it out!!

I cant seem to get the box to read anything on my network other than the router. Im tying to set it up so i can play a movie from the shared folder on my laptop, and cant figure it out!!

Which version of Android is your ATV 1200 running?

just tried to upgrade and it tells me connection failed... but I am connected wifi..?

what did you try to upgrade?

Hello I also have the same issue I Have the ATV 1200 with Android 4.2.2, my OS on my PC is 8.1 and I cant access my Shared folder. does anyone know how we can get access to the shared videos/music?

Under XBMC...

Settings/File Manager/Add Source

Browse

Windows Network

Do you see any of your computers with shared folders there?

I can see my "Workgroup/H" and "E" drives from there so I know it's doable.

Hello I also have the same issue I Have the ATV 1200 with Android 4.2.2, my OS on my PC is 8.1 and I cant access my Shared folder. does anyone know how we can get access to the shared videos/music?

If your on Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 when you share your folder or drive,

you will get a popup to share videos/music, and its selected you can leave it selected or un check it,

and also on Kodi or XBMC, when your connecting make sure you use your user id and password to get connected to your Windows and the userid and password on windows 7 is the one you made when you login to your PC, but for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 its your hotmail or outlook email address and password when you login to our PC

try that and let us know what happend

Hello everyone, so I bought the ATV 380 yesterday and my PC is Windows 8.1. now i have my Movie drives set up on a homegroup. so when i open up KODI and add source for videos, i can see my homegroup and my drives but when i select the drive it asks for username and password and I dont have a hotmail account, only gmail account and i dont have a username and password for my PC.

anyone know how to fix this.

thank you