Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimbo0366

kodi and discontinuing android

read an article today that kodi's top android developer has quit and kodi may drop android due to the piracy box problem they say they have. but there is a new kodi fork by the developer that left it is called spmc it is as he said built for android and he is basing it on the nivda shield player just thought i would throw this out there in case some of you'se wanted to read about it.the new app is at google play and is based on kodi 16.1

I've been running this "new fork of Kodi" since June of last year. As far as I know, Kodi only recently (relatively recently anyway) had an "official" Kodi available from the Google play store, even though you could d/l the apk from Kodi.tv.

Kodi doesn't give a crap about android/windows/Linux etc and what they do with Kodi. What they do dislike though are pirate box sellers making stupid money from stupid people who buy "loaded Kodi boxes" and then go to official Kodi.tv forums and complain that their $150 android box that they paid $300 doesn't work any more.

Kodi/XBMC is more well known and popular than ever, so I don't think they're complaining that much...

wjw only read the article from yesterday the 19th really don't care how long you have been using it.my post is for all interested parties to read if they choose too. some people are new to this and it is a forum for a reason,and they come here for info and help from others. and to seek answers.so yes it has been around for awhile and if you read the article the story states it may be the only one. whether it will be or not i really don't care .it was just an interesting read.

wjw I only read the article from yesterday... and if you read the article....

And a link to what you read would be nice.

Now that there are actual links, yes it's an interesting read. People forget that SPMC (and koying) has been out since 2014. It just seems kind of coincidental that Kodi will cover every platform except android. Also, since MyGica is amlogic based, SPMC shouldn't be an issue.

as chat and conversations with Kodi group, they are still very strongly working on Android App. if you even check rightnow on Kodi 17 everyday the Nightly Builds are strong on Android..

and i know they will still support android.

yes but 17 may be last. team kodi is now looking for android developers and yes spmc maybe the only way to go but he is using nvidea as his platform for development. only time will tell

Kodi group is already working on new dev for Android based kodi. for future there are different versions of kodi that are out ..