Jump to content
smittyoban

Cant scroll in netflix app

Recommended Posts

Can scroll in netflix app

even after all the updates when i use netflix app if the show has multiple episodes that cant fit on the screen i cant scroll down to see anything else.  i can on the main screen or in kodi but for some reason in netflix if something doesnt display entirely on one screen i cant access anything below that.

any ideas??

Thanks

Edited by smittyoban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smittyoban said:

Can scroll in netflix app

even after all the updates when i use netflix app if the show has multiple episodes that cant fit on the screen i cant scroll down to see anything else.  i can on the main screen or in kodi but for some reason in netflix if something doesnt display entirely on one screen i cant access anything below that.

any ideas??

Thanks

Sounds like you are using the tablet version from the Playstore

If you use a mouse, you can scroll up or down.

 

Or search for the Netflix Android TV app in Google, you can sideload this using a USB and get the 10 Foot Netflix app which makes using Netflix much easier, it also gives you 1080p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have tried a new downloaded versions and i get a compatibility error each time no matter what version i try.  and i cant seem to find this 10 foot app you are talking about could you PLEASE provide a link??

Thanks.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, smittyoban said:

i have tried a new downloaded versions and i get a compatibility error each time no matter what version i try.  and i cant seem to find this 10 foot app you are talking about could you PLEASE provide a link??

Thanks.....

I sent you a PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been struggling with the same issue. App should work without 3rd party help. I've found a way to get access to episodes you can't see. Initially it's a bit tedious, but you can then watch the remaining episodes.

Start the last episode you see, then using the mouse button to place curser to bottom right, up a tad from bottom. Press ok, to bring up scrolling bar, then place mouse pointer on red bar, near end, click OK. Show should go to end, then automatically start countdown to next episode. Do that till you reach the episode you want. Once you are there it will continue till season is finished.

Kind of goofy way to get there, UT works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are using a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO you can manually install this Netflix TV app.

It will be much easier to use a remote as it uses the 10 foot interface
It also gets you up to 1080P HD.

1. Download it and move onto a USB drive or SD Card.

2. Insert into your MyGica box 

3. Use the Pre Installed app "App Installer" to install it.

com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I have installed the package and it works well with the remote.

However, I get an error message when I try to stream some movies ("An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.").

I don't have this message with the regular netflix app and I suspect that the video quality setting in my account (low) is not considered.

I also noticed that the subtitle color are set to be white in my account and they appear yellow in the ninja app.

Does this version bypass the account settings?

If so, is there a way to force settings (e.g. video quality = low) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also noticed that the error "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later." occurs systematically when resuming a stream.

The app is working well when the movie is streamed from the beginning.

I would say that I bought the box mainly for Netflix, so if it does not work well with the remote I will just get it refunded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I now see why this issue is happening 

On 4/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, Mo Bill said:

Hello,

I have installed the package and it works well with the remote.

However, I get an error message when I try to stream some movies ("An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.").

I don't have this message with the regular netflix app and I suspect that the video quality setting in my account (low) is not considered.

I also noticed that the subtitle color are set to be white in my account and they appear yellow in the ninja app.

Does this version bypass the account settings?

If so, is there a way to force settings (e.g. video quality = low) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The sub title setting is a setting of the app itself.

And the way Netflix is designed, is it will playback up to the highest quality available.

If you login to Netflix on a PC web browser, you can change the settings to Low or High.

 

As for the "error occurred loading this content"

Our newest firmware fixes this issue.  Our OTA server is down for maintenance the next few days, it will be back on later this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I already have configure netflix on a PC web browser.

I'm looking forward to the new firmware.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mo Bill said:

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I already have configure netflix on a PC web browser.

I'm looking forward to the new firmware.

Cheers

If you want to manually install the new FW

Can be found here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smittyoban said:

just installed the new FW and it works great with the mentioned apk.  thank you so much...

Great to hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the Android TV version of Netflix from the MyGica store isn't working, the modified one from @apkguy seems to be the only one that works. 

Is this the latest modded version available, or am I doing something wrong with the one from the MyGica store? I'm running the ATV495Pro with the V1.20 firmware. Thanks.

Edited by 0rion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 11:49 PM, 0rion said:

It seems that the Android TV version of Netflix from the MyGica store isn't working, the modified one from @apkguy seems to be the only one that works. 

Is this the latest modded version available, or am I doing something wrong with the one from the MyGica store? I'm running the ATV495Pro with the V1.20 firmware. Thanks.

The one from the MyGica store won't work

Aptoide needs to fix this, as they control the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2017 at 11:38 AM, apkguy said:

If you are using a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO you can manually install this Netflix TV app.

It will be much easier to use a remote as it uses the 10 foot interface
It also gets you up to 1080P HD.

1. Download it and move onto a USB drive or SD Card.

2. Insert into your MyGica box 

3. Use the Pre Installed app "App Installer" to install it.

com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

I just installed this and get an error: nw-6-404

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 9:04 PM, reverendthom said:

I just installed this and get an error: nw-6-404

Any ideas?

Netflix has changed some of their APIs etc, so this app no longer works as it is about 1 year old

Someone needs to modify a newer version so that can start working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 2:55 AM, sidewinder1974 said:

You can't scroll on firefox either. Seems to be a Gica issue.

You need a USB computer mouse or USB Air Mouse remote to scroll on a web browser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on getting the Android TV version of Netflix for MyGica? Having to use the mouse is a bit of a pain. I would really like something similar to the Apple TV version.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×