Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

princess of hell

when the firmware 4.2.2 is ready ?

I have some stupid question , but why we will have the 4.2.2 update and not the latest 4.4 (amlogic link: http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mb ... eleaseInfo) ?

If you notice on that link you posted, all of the 4.4 release notes are for the S802 Quad Core chipset. Amlogic has not made 4.4 available for the 8726 Dual Core chipset yet, and therefore we can only go as far as upgrading to 4.2.2.

Other Dealers with 8726chipset have the update to 4.4 just read and search better online ...... Just us r waiting for an update wich is timed out when released.... cause a newer android is released for all other boxes with same chipset..... Love the box but not the update policy

And justvto say something to brick box ....risky...... It isnt risky ...... U cant brick ur box..... With a bootcard u can recover !! Flashed a lot of things and recovered the box without problems

Just release the updates and let the community fix the bugs....there r a lot of devs in the world....

We can only release the updates which are provided to us by the manufacturer, all of there updates are done internally by there engineers in china. We have asked them for the SDK/ADK files for there line of Dual Core boxes, but they will not give this out right now. They have given out the SDK on a previous model which is the ATV 510, which is also the same model used by Pivos M3, so in the future they might do the same with there ATV 1200, 400 and 520E models.

I inquired with AMLogic and there R&D department today as well in regards to 4.4 working with the 8726-M6 chipset, and they informed me that it is not currently available, but they are working on it for future release, for now they only have Android 4.2.2 as the latest OS available for this chipset.

So the boxes you are referring to which advertise 4.4 working with the 8726-M6 chipset, must be advertising this falsely, as I have inquired with AMLogic directly and was told the exact same thing that Mygica in China has told me, that 4.2.2 is currently the most up to date OS that is available for this exact chipset.

I know there is a way to unbrick the box, however the method to do this, is not easy for everyone to follow and do, as some people are more technical then others when it comes to things like this, the same goes for the steps involved with updating to 4.2.2.

We just got the final release for the 4.2.2 update working now, we will have a How to Video made within the next few days, and then release the files to the public this week.

Thanks for your answer , but still.. I cannot get it...on the Amlogic site (http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox) it shows Amlogic MX android 4.4 release notes and not only S802....

I hope we will get the firmware you're working on it soon... :)

They might have release notes on it, but it is not available yet to there vendors to start offering it on there boxes that use the 8726 chipset. The conversation I had on the phone today with AMLogic, they informed me that they are only working on a 4.4 update for the 8726 Chipset, and will be available in the future, they could not give me an exact date on this.

Any news from Mygica (china) ?

Have fix the firmware?

Yes they have fixed it.

Just waiting on our video guy to make a very well detailed "How To Video"

@Justin

Cauld u share a downloadlink for those, who don`t need a howto video ???

Sent you an email

The Firmware 4.2.2 Changes note say:

- Auto Detect for resolution on HDMI and RCA outputs. (Please note Component Video no longer works on this upgrade)

Why?, I bought the ATV1200 by the component output for use with a projector.

I can not update it anymore?

The Firmware 4.2.2 Changes note say:

- Auto Detect for resolution on HDMI and RCA outputs. (Please note Component Video no longer works on this upgrade)

Why?, I bought the ATV1200 by the component output for use with a projector.

I can not update it anymore?

If you want to continue using Component video, then we suggest staying with Android 4.1

We have asked Mygica in china to get Component to work on 4.2, however they say it is not possible. Therefore we are removing component video from the box, and will no longer be available on the next production run of ATV 1200's, which will be available in July.

Ok Justin, thanks for your efforts.

No problem

Sorry we couldn't help you more on this. however we were told component video is not supported on Android 4.2 and up.

I looked around online, and best thing I could suggest would be to look into a HDMI to Component Video Cable, when I looked they did not seem to be that expensive, saw some ranging from $5-$40.

Im not 100 percent sure though if this will work, but for $5 its worth a try.

hello! I did the update to 4.2.2, but unfortunately was not successful, the screen remained black, I waited 10 minutes and nothing, I tried to do a reset but the player remains in standby (only red light and the screen black) you would be grateful if you guide me how to revive it, my player was one unlucky 1 month ago returned from china of warranty, I would not want to send him again last very long) thank you advance!

PS. I followed exactly what it says here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

hello! I did the update to 4.2.2, but unfortunately was not successful, the screen remained black, I waited 10 minutes and nothing, I tried to do a reset but the player remains in standby (only red light and the screen black) you would be grateful if you guide me how to revive it, my player was one unlucky 1 month ago returned from china of warranty, I would not want to send him again last very long) thank you advance!

PS. I followed exactly what it says here : http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

Currently we do not have a way to unbrick units

Which model did you try the upgrade on? And where did you purchase your unit from that you have to send it to china for warranty?

I myself have personally upgraded over 80 ATV 1200's to 4.2.2, without bricking a single unit, so there must be a step you did not follow properly, or did not transfer all files onto an SD card, also you must have only the files for the 4.2 upgrade on the SD card, and no other files.

hi Justin! I say that I followed the steps exactly, the card also has formatted fat32, I do not know exactly what happened to me this player is bought by a fellow sailor in Hong Kong have no place to send him than the manufacturer, and the first time I sent it all to them in romania not get to fix it, but as I said last very long, the update was done in 4.1.2. I have brought back to life and phones and a router, I am convinced that there must be a way for this player. you advise me to do?