Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KLF

The clock on the top right of Kodi / XBMC

Does anyone know how I can turn off the clock / date display on the top right of Kodi / xbmc without having to change the stock skin ??,....as it is starting to leave a burn in image on my plasma tv

....or a way I can turn down the intensity so it will appear dim ?

I took a quick look, and it appears that the only quick way is to mod the .xml file to remove the clock settings. If you're not into that it looks like you're stuck with it. Why not simply change the skin every once in a while? Amber is good.

Thanks for the reply wjw, guess I just might have to cosy up to the idea of changing the skin. Sometimes it is difficult to navigate through the menues with different skins when you always use the stock skin. I really hope that a future release of Kodi offers the option to dim any static images displayed on the screen to avoid possible burn in.

I have Kodi setup to dim after a couple of minutes of in activity. Just setup your screensaver.

Thanks for the reply freakrant,....I also have mine set up that way,.....but my problem is I spend lots of time searching through the addons,...settings,... Etc. where the only static images that remain constant are the Kodi logo on the top left and the date/time on the top right. I really think by default the logo and time should be dim or have a separate dimmer control.