Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

makeitwork

Update No Kodi

I updated to the March 31st update, however Kodi did not install. It is not in the application folder either. How do I install it? Did not see it in the Mygica store either.

Thanks

I had this problem too. I'm not sure how I fixed it, but at some point both Kodi and XBMC were installed. I uninstalled XBMC and Kodi worked fine. However today the box won't boot so yeah... That's the least of your worries.

weird how Justin has not replied so far today.

I did it on a previous 582 and it did the same thing. I deleted xbmc and then reinstalled the update twice and it worked the second time around with Kodi showing up. But this is starting to piss me off LOL.

Did you try doing unpluging the power cord then holding the reset button plug it back in. When you see the green android guy let go of the reset button?

Ah thank you, that got me to the recovery screen. I can reinstall the firmware now!

My box is 2 days old so excuse my neophytism. I'm guessing there are some problems with the March 31 firmware and I'm not sure who Justin is, but if he's MyGica support he's probably very busy. Also it's Easter Monday.

Agreed- I updated both of my inlaws atv380 boxes and found that kodi did not install. Using the browser in mygica, I went to download kodi from tvaddons. Once downloaded I used the app installer on mygica and installed kodi. When I opened kodi, it senses the Xbmc app and transferred all settings, co figs, and favourites automatically so I didn't even ha e to set it up again. I left Xbmc on their boxes and just swapped it with kodi on the home screen

Just noticed, March 31 update comes with 14.1. Latest version is 14.2. Is the MyGica edition different other than the loading screen?

I'm skeptical there is any difference between the versions. The version I downloaded (14.2) from http://kodi.tv/download/ works flawlessly.

The boot logo in Kodi/XBMC has historically been customizable. On Android it's stored in:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/media

Create a PNG image called "splash.png" and put it in there with the File Manager, then open Kodi.

See? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQztnANKgk

I've had some issues with installs and I've done enough of them in the last month or so to have an opinion.

I've had problems with boxes freezing when I tried to factory wipe from older builds like 0925. It would stop partway through and I would have to unplug and retry. What has worked for me 100% of the time is this...

1. Recovery mode from the button on the back/bottom. I personally like the hardware way of getting to the recovery screen. My choice.

2. Load file from EXT. you will have dupes of mygica store (if you have 1105 installed) and "no Kodi installed" but don't worry about it.

3. Reboot. Let it do its thing and turn off.

4. Recovery mode again. Factory wipe and it should wipe completely with no problems.

5. Load from EXT again. After loading and rebooting you should have a clean install of whatever build you tried to install. I've found the biggest problem was going from 0925 to 1105 and then 0321 for some of the older boxes.

As per the post above. Do not use the configuration wizard. It will install all kind of Addon's that you do not want or use. If you use the Mygica Edition you get a really noxious skin installed as well. Then you have to Uninstaller all the stuff it forces on you. Totally BAD idea!

Sorry "makeitwork", not referring to your post. That was in reference to someone else's post telling someone to use the Configuration Wizard/Mygica Edition.

If you do that it changes your skin (to something you have not chosen yourself). It force feeds you Addons, you yourself have not chosen. If someone wants to watch Russian Television, perhaps you are from Russia. How about Ted Talk's, would that be your choice? Doing as was suggested, overloads your device, for very bad reason's.

Learn how to install the Addon's you choose, not ones someone else chooses for you.

Having said that, don't follow all the advice people post on this forum.

I've had some issues with installs and I've done enough of them in the last month or so to have an opinion.

I've had problems with boxes freezing when I tried to factory wipe from older builds like 0925. It would stop partway through and I would have to unplug and retry. What has worked for me 100% of the time is this...

1. Recovery mode from the button on the back/bottom. I personally like the hardware way of getting to the recovery screen. My choice.

2. Load file from EXT. you will have dupes of mygica store (if you have 1105 installed) and "no Kodi installed" but don't worry about it.

3. Reboot. Let it do its thing and turn off.

4. Recovery mode again. Factory wipe and it should wipe completely with no problems.

5. Load from EXT again. After loading and rebooting you should have a clean install of whatever build you tried to install. I've found the biggest problem was going from 0925 to 1105 and then 0321 for some of the older boxes.

If you are upgrading older boxes and are wanting to start from scratch on the 0321 Firmware.

This is exact;y what I currently do with warranty units which come back, since we always send them back with the latest firmware if we are able to fix them.

Great suggestion "WJW"