Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsotola

globaltv.com disliking android

hi all

my first post, please be gentle ... lol

i ditched Bell tv a couple of weeks ago (too expensive)

then i came across the ATV1800e in my wanderings on the web ... found that Costco sells it ... bought it ... awesome piece of hardware ... now i find that some of the tv show providers have an issue with rooted android boxes (globaltv.com to be exact)

if i use the web browser, the video does not play and it refers me to using android app

(also tried firefox and chrome and also changed "user agent string")

the android app tells me that globaltv.com has a policy against streaming to rooted or unsuported hardware

two questions ...

1) does anyone know how to make an android box look like either linux or windows box to websites ?

2) is there a linux operating system available for the ATV1800e ?

thanks in advance

hi all

my first post, please be gentle ... lol

i ditched Bell tv a couple of weeks ago (too expensive)

then i came across the ATV1800e in my wanderings on the web ... found that Costco sells it ... bought it ... awesome piece of hardware ... now i find that some of the tv show providers have an issue with rooted android boxes (globaltv.com to be exact)

if i use the web browser, the video does not play and it refers me to using android app

(also tried firefox and chrome and also changed "user agent string")

the android app tells me that globaltv.com has a policy against streaming to rooted or unsuported hardware

two questions ...

1) does anyone know how to make an android box look like either linux or windows box to websites ?

2) is there a linux operating system available for the ATV1800e ?

thanks in advance

We have an unrooting patch file you can use for your 1800e if you want

Just let me know

To answer your other questions

1. Not really sure what the question is here, the web browser on Android should display same way it does on Windows or Linux. However if the content your trying to view is Flash based, then this will not work.

Is it flash content your trying to view?

2. There is only KODI Linux, but if it is Ubuntu your looking for then this is not available.