Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

naasking

Auto suspend, or shut off the screen instead of screen saver

Having come from OpenELEC, I'm used to my box automatically going into suspend mode after a certain period of time. Android does something similar in shutting off the screen.

I've configured Kodi to automatically quit to the home screen after a certain period of time, but I don't see anything comparable for the MyGica home screen. There's a screen saver option that prevents my TV from shutting off, which makes it a bad option to even have in my opinion. It should just shut off the screen after a timeout, even if the box is still running. At least that saves the majority of the power used by a media system.

in android you can go to settings and tv settings last line talks about screen saver that would be same as suspend in openElec

I don't see anything called "TV settings" anywhere. There's the MyGica "Display" settings button, with a screensaved option like you describe, but I already covered this in my original post. This option doesn't suspend the box, this runs a power hungry screen saver. The very title of my post is that this option should shut off the screen or auto-suspend instead of running a screen saver.

OpenELEC's kodi actually suspends the machine in a low power mode. MyGica doesn't have anything like that.

well i am not very sure what you mean by power hungry, we do have the power button the remote and infront of the box you can use to place the box under sleep mode, that would be better then your OpenElec or whatever its called... :lol:

in android you can go to settings and tv settings last line talks about screen saver that would be same as suspend in openElec

No, it's not

...that would be better then your OpenElec or whatever its called... :lol:

You might want to talk to your boss Justin. It's apparently going to be a new feature so you might want to brush up on it... Look at Justin's comment on page 6

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=2987&hilit=Openelec&start=50

James, I'm not sure whether you're being serious, so in case you are, consider that running a screen saver keeps your TV screen on consuming at least 50 watts.

That's very power hungry compared to disabling the signal to the TV entirely, thus allowing the TV turn itself off soon after.

As the other poster noted, the suspend feature is not a screen saver, and places the media box itself automatically into the "off" mode after a timeout. That's the proper solution.