Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boknows

Can't connect to a WD MyBook Live

Thought it might help to put this in the discussions forum.

Post a reply

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby boknows » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Hey Everyone

I have both a ATV1800 and a ATV520. My atv520 connects very easily using NFS to my Western Digital MyBook Live but the atv1800 wont go past the IP address (192.xxx.x.xx). Unsure why the old box has no problems and the new one is stuck. Could it be the newer version of Android ???. I have already checked the firmware of both sides and they are both up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo

boknows

Re: Can't connect to a WD MyBook Live

Postby Justin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Sorry this is something I am not to familiar with

Can anybody help with this?

Justin

Global Moderator

Which myGica model(s) I own or useʔ: atv 1200

Postby boknows » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:45 am

Anyone have any idea about this ?? Seems weird that the old Mygica streams over my network perfectly but the newer Mygica cant even connect.

Thanks

Bo

Thought it might help to put this in the discussions forum.

Post a reply

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby boknows » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Hey Everyone

I have both a ATV1800 and a ATV520. My atv520 connects very easily using NFS to my Western Digital MyBook Live but the atv1800 wont go past the IP address (192.xxx.x.xx). Unsure why the old box has no problems and the new one is stuck. Could it be the newer version of Android ???. I have already checked the firmware of both sides and they are both up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo

boknows

Postby Justin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Sorry this is something I am not to familiar with

Can anybody help with this?

Justin

Global Moderator

Which myGica model(s) I own or useʔ: atv 1200

Postby boknows » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:45 am

Anyone have any idea about this ?? Seems weird that the old Mygica streams over my network perfectly but the newer Mygica cant even connect.

Thanks

Bo

Still no one can help with this??

Hi Adagre

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it. On my ATV520e I am using Kodi to connect to my network drive. Here is the sequence:

Kodi - Videos - Files - Add Video - Browse - NFS - IP address (192.xxx.x.xx) - NFS - then it goes right into the hard drive folders.

I am trying the same with the ATV1800e but it can't see anything after the IP address. I have also tried other ways other then NFS but nothing seems to connect.

Not understanding why my old Mygica works but the new one doesn't.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Bo

If its a "WD MyBook Live"

in Kodi sometimes it wont show the drives over the network,

Grab pen a paper and go to your 520E Kodi // Video // Files // highlight the name for WD press menu and write down the path how it starts and till the end

Now open your Kodi on your ATV1800E go to kodi // Video // Files // Get more... // Add videos... // When new pop up comes up Click on ** and type that total path NFS://yourdrivename/folder

Then enter a name for it and click on OK

see if that helps, please let me know

Hey jamesc

Thanks for your idea. It's really appreciated as that is something that i didn't think to do. Unfortunately it didn't work. It did add the icons to that section but when i try to use them it tells me that I can't connect to the network. If you have any other ideas I will definitely give it a shot.

I have also tried installing the WD My Cloud app to try a means of connecting to the drive. When I try to connect it says "WD My Cloud is having trouble connecting to MyBookLive. Please update your firmware." I have checked my firmware on the drive and it is completely up to date. I am adding this in because I don't think that this is a Kodi issue. I believe that the driver that they are using in the MyGica 1800e is old or flawed. On my 520e I can see the WD My Book Live as well as my shared folders on my computer. On the 1800e it can't see anything. I would think that Mygica would want to correct this as I have seen some reviews that some people have returned their units and bought other devices because this box is not performing the way it should. For me Kodi is the main purpose for this box but I have to admit that i miss streaming family pictures and videos to the large screen.

Anyway, I may look at downgrading to a 582 and see if that one works.

Thanks again for your help,

Bo

Is it possible you made a firewall exception to get your 582 to work initially? (change would be made in your router)

Its sounding like the firewall (router) may be blocking communication.

Is it possible you made a firewall exception to get your 582 to work initially? (change would be made in your router)

Its sounding like the firewall (router) may be blocking communication.

excellent idea