Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Binx

ATV1900AC - Micro SD Card

I have a 64gb micro sd card in my 1900. Using the 1900 file manager I can read all the files on the card, but I can't select it to write a backup to no matter what I try - just keeps telling me I can't write to the card or directory.

What am I missing (that's usually the case).

I have a 64gb micro sd card in my 1900. Using the 1900 file manager I can read all the files on the card, but I can't select it to write a backup to no matter what I try - just keeps telling me I can't write to the card or directory.

What am I missing (that's usually the case).

Android 4.4 has SD card restrictions

What are you trying to write to your SD Card?

The 1900AC Supports up to 128GB SD Card.

I want to do a complete back up of all apps etc to the external card so if I mess up doing an update I don't lose everything

Since it made no sense to me to have a large sd card that I could not write to because of the limitations of Android 4.4, I went to the Play Store and installed SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD. Once installed I simply ran the app and it enabled writing to the external sd card. Immediately after installing do a reboot - unplug it and plug it back it to be sure. Once the ATV1900 starts up a notice pops up saying that it noticed that everything is written to the internal sd card and recommends copying everything over to the external sd card. I did that. Then I went into the app Backup/Restore icon on the ATV1900 and ran it, I changed the default storage to the external card and ran a backup. It worked. After that I started KODI and under programs I ran Backup (you may have to install Backup under programs in KODI if you don't have it - Google it). I changed the default storage to sdcard1 and ran another back up, again it worked perfectly.

BTW - your ATV1900 must be rooted to do this and as far as I know they all are.

I hope this helps someone else who may be as much of a novice at this as I am.

Since it made no sense to me to have a large sd card that I could not write to because of the limitations of Android 4.4, I went to the Play Store and installed SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD. Once installed I simply ran the app and it enabled writing to the external sd card. Immediately after installing do a reboot - unplug it and plug it back it to be sure. Once the ATV1900 starts up a notice pops up saying that it noticed that everything is written to the internal sd card and recommends copying everything over to the external sd card. I did that. Then I went into the app Backup/Restore icon on the ATV1900 and ran it, I changed the default storage to the external card and ran a backup. It worked. After that I started KODI and under programs I ran Backup (you may have to install Backup under programs in KODI if you don't have it - Google it). I changed the default storage to sdcard1 and ran another back up, again it worked perfectly.

that is an awesome point you brought up, i am forwarding this to our dev team let me see what would be there input

all you need to do is install superuser or supersu app. update normally after the install. than install ES file explorer. ES will ask for permissions. once granted you can write to the external card

I have a 582 and 1800 and never had any issues writing to large SD card.

I did install SuperSU, it allows me to manage the data on the SD card but somme apps don't want to use it anyway. :roll:

As an example. I try to configure Flud to save files on the SD card - If I shutdown Flud and reopen it, it's back to the default download directory on the Internal memory. It's a FLUD Problem/Bug although listed as a feature by Flud Developper. I tried another downloaders and didn't have any issues saving on the External SD.