Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattmartinolc

openelec for ATV582 model

Yea, it was a project that Justin was recently tasked to. I'm sure if you private message him, and send him your email address. He can supply you with Beta file. It might be buggy and why he has not released it.

He emailed me the zip file. I think it's for openelec 6.0. I was actually hoping for 5.0.8. I noticed that the processor, gpu etc are the same as the M8 boxes which I have put this version of openelec onto. Will the mygica take the same firmware as the M8 boxes with the S802 chipset?

Also this zip file they sent me has a lit of files. Do I unzip the file to the SD card or do I put the whole archive on?

Untitled.png.1221a6eb963b53e67efe78d1866cd72c.png

He emailed me the zip file. I think it's for openelec 6.0. I was actually hoping for 5.0.8. I noticed that the processor, gpu etc are the same as the M8 boxes which I have put this version of openelec onto. Will the mygica take the same firmware as the M8 boxes with the S802 chipset?

Also this zip file they sent me has a lit of files. Do I unzip the file to the SD card or do I put the whole archive on?

You don't have to unzip the files. You can just load the zip file through the Android Recovery screen.

And the M8 Files will not work on 582, since we have different IR remote codes + Wifi and Ethernet Drivers.

Is there a reason why you want version 5.0.8?

Yeah I would like 5.0.8 because my setups are designed to work best with it so far and it's still the most stable for us. My custom skins and other things might not work 100% proper with version 6 of openelec.

Yeah I would like 5.0.8 because my setups are designed to work best with it so far and it's still the most stable for us. My custom skins and other things might not work 100% proper with version 6 of openelec.

Ok I will have to inquire for Version 5.0.8

I cannot give any dates on this right now though.

It's not so much openelec 6.0 as it is Kodi 14.2 version that I need. The reason is we have a proprietary update system that we built and 14.2 kodi is more reliable than 15.x

Ok

I will have to check and get back with you

We are using these versions of Openelec

http://amlinux.ru/image/

And making them work on MyGica after we had our drivers, remote, etc.

That's exactly what I used for the M8 boxes. That's why I asked if the M8 version was compatible. Also, the zip file I put on both a microSD card, then a USB flash drive. I selected the zip file from the updater application. It told me it would immediately reboot. I select OK then it reboots but doesn't do anything in terms of putting on OpenElec. just goes back to the Android launcher.

That's exactly what I used for the M8 boxes. That's why I asked if the M8 version was compatible. Also, the zip file I put on both a microSD card, then a USB flash drive. I selected the zip file from the updater application. It told me it would immediately reboot. I select OK then it reboots but doesn't do anything in terms of putting on OpenElec. just goes back to the Android launcher.

You have to install it from the Android Recovery Screen. And after it installs then select reboot on the recovery screen.

To place ATV582 to recovery manually

1. make sure HDMI is connected to TV

2. make sure you have your remote SD connected if your using KR40

3. make sure your box is not connected to power

4. use a toothpick or a pin and push and hold down reset button as it shows on the picture

OK so holding down reset while powering the unit on does not seem to be working. Holding it down it still goes all the way to the android homescreen launcher.

What version of Firmware is running on the box that you are trying to put into recovery mode?

Also do you have a pre installed app on the box called Quick Boot?

This will allow you to go into recovery mode as well

OK so holding down reset while powering the unit on does not seem to be working. Holding it down it still goes all the way to the android homescreen launcher.

What version of Firmware is running on the box that you are trying to put into recovery mode?

The box already back to the customer. The firmware was the latest. Quickboot was not installed but I installed it and no love. Nothing goes to recovery mode. What I ended up doing was installing kodi 14.2 on the box, using startup auditor to minimize the background processes to a minimum on startup, and then making it launch Kodi on startup. All seems well. The box is back with the owner. I noticed in another thread some other people having the same issue. Perhaps a defective run.

The box already back to the customer. The firmware was the latest. Quickboot was not installed but I installed it and no love. Nothing goes to recovery mode. What I ended up doing was installing kodi 14.2 on the box, using startup auditor to minimize the background processes to a minimum on startup, and then making it launch Kodi on startup. All seems well. The box is back with the owner. I noticed in another thread some other people having the same issue. Perhaps a defective run.

It sounds like the box might have been running a very early version of FW that had no recovery mode.

We have fix for this, to update via SD card and reset button to bring the box to the latest Firmware version

I have the box back so I can make another attempt. Attached is a pic of the version it is running.

I have the box back so I can make another attempt. Attached is a pic of the version it is running.

[attachment=0]IMAG1962.jpg[/attachment]

That is a very old version of our Firmware

Probably the reason why you cant upgrade to Openelec

This should update you to a more recent version which will allow you to go onto Openelec.

pls ask user to update firmware by uboot

https://mega.nz/#!boEQSBhD!g8l-1RG9yAIV ... 6ByyHUHNds

download and unzip the file of .zip

and you will find that there is update file and instruction

pls follow steps to update system . if you have any question pls let us know