Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** Kernel Update for the ATV 582... 06/26.. *FEEDBACK*

Just released a new Kernel Update file

Can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1635

Fixes the following:

- Fixes the heating issue some people have been having

- Faster and more stable OS

- OS should no longer freeze

- Fixed Audio/Video freezing

**More updates to follow, engineers are working hard to fix and change everything I present to them and also anything they find themselves**

Please post your feedback in this thread

Thanks and Enjoy

I just installed....went very fast, android icon did its update and that was it, all stayed there without delete ....but i went to kernel version tells me i have 3.10.33 ( 20140616 )

Update went smooth., All apps is here no delete. and my Kernel version say same as above poster. 3.10.33 (20140616)

Also, unrelated to this update. When i power down Unit. I cannot turn back on via remote. Only way to turn back on is to unplug and plug back in.

I just installed....went very fast, android icon did its update and that was it, all stayed there without delete ....but i went to kernel version tells me i have 3.10.33 ( 20140616 )

The kernel was modified with this file update. Therefore the date might be the same.

Try it out and it should fix the problems listed.

Ive been streaming a 1080P LIVE TV channel all day, and havent seen the box freeze up or heat up yet.

Update went smooth., All apps is here no delete. and my Kernel version say same as above poster. 3.10.33 (20140616)

Also, unrelated to this update. When i power down Unit. I cannot turn back on via remote. Only way to turn back on is to unplug and plug back in.

Read my other post above this one.

As for turning the box back on, engineers are still working on this with the factory.

ok got it now say 3.10.33 (20140616) thanks for up date will let this run for 10 min to see if it gets hot

well box is running great would of locked up by now that was my biggest problem I had with this box and now solved

Justin, I presume no IR receiver expansion?

They are fully aware of this request from me for IR receiver expansion

Engineers are checking into it, I asked them to do it on 4.2 for the Dual Core and 4.4 for the Quads, sent them a bunch of different forum posts to show the importance of this feature.

box is running great, previously the video plays very well, no stutters or scrambled video in xbmc (everything stock mygica), addons (xbmc) work great

box is running great, previously the video plays very well, no stutters or scrambled video in xbmc (everything stock mygica), addons (xbmc) work great

Good to hear

From what I can see 3 CPU cores are now used and 1 is not used. The device now runs stable so far but I will report back later. Is there a reason for 3 cores instead of the use of 4? IMHO if you use 3 cores In stead of 4 your device will run hotter as the CPUs are working harder, but I could be wrong.

In Google store download app called "CPU identifier". Install it and check it out. Quite cool, try getting CPU-Z too, it tells you all sorts of information about your box.

Anyone having display issues for 720p or 1080p movies where the the screen seems to be offset to the bottom and zoomed in (e.g. big black bar at the top and seems certain text is cut off at the corners of the screen with this kernel update? My movies are generally 720p mkv files.

I am having problems too, my XBMC sometimes opens with this kernal and when it does it exhibits the same behavior as yours. It also scales the movies wrong. So I think there is a problem, it looks like "windowed mode".

Folks - anyone having video issues where the display seems to be offset downwards (bigger black bar at the top) and screen seems to be pushed to the bottom, and the edges seems to be cut off. I have the box set to 1080P 60 Hz, as well as generally playing 720p mkv movies.

Folks - anyone having video issues where the display seems to be offset downwards (bigger black bar at the top) and screen seems to be pushed to the bottom, and the edges seems to be cut off. I have the box set to 1080P 60 Hz, as well as generally playing 720p mkv movies.

Yes, also the same problem reported by folks using Minix x8

http://minixforums.com/threads/latest-g ... 078/page-8

We will have a new firmware update this week for the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will include our new version of Gotham 13.1, as well as some bug fixes and changes to the box.

So it should fix some of the problems you guys have listed here in this thread.

Justin, i didnt want to open a new thread on this one, how do you assign a static ip to the box ?

If you go into the settings menu, and go to more settings, it will bring you to the Android Settings menu.

Under Wifi, highlight your wifi network with your remote, and holding down the Ok button, it should bring up a menu option, which should include "Modify Network" going into this settings menu, should allow you to assign a static ip to your box.

ok, now if i'm on ethernet ? it is the same thing ? ip static settings on ethernet are the same ?

will try it out on a couple of days :)