Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** Kernel Update for the ATV 582... 06/26.. *FEEDBACK*

ok, now if i'm on ethernet ? it is the same thing ? ip static settings on ethernet are the same ?

will try it out on a couple of days :)

Should be similar

Hi Justin, I know the "box requiring a powercycle/plug/unplug to restore from standy mode" issue should be resolved with the upcoming firmwares. Just wanted to let you know, there's a similar issue (potentially same root cause) where if the player is left on with XBMC for an extended period, it freezes and also requires a hard plug/unplug. I essentially tested by playing a movie, and leaving the box on within xbmc and saw that after an extended period of inactivity (e..g movie plays to completion), the box seems freeze. a hard powercycle resolves it.

Hi Justin, I know the "box requiring a powercycle/plug/unplug to restore from standy mode" issue should be resolved with the upcoming firmwares. Just wanted to let you know, there's a similar issue (potentially same root cause) where if the player is left on with XBMC for an extended period, it freezes and also requires a hard plug/unplug. I essentially tested by playing a movie, and leaving the box on within xbmc and saw that after an extended period of inactivity (e..g movie plays to completion), the box seems freeze. a hard powercycle resolves it.

Ok I will pass this along

Thanks

We will have a new firmware update this week for the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will include our new version of Gotham 13.1, as well as some bug fixes and changes to the box.

So it should fix some of the problems you guys have listed here in this thread.We will have a new firmware update this week for the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will include our new version of Gotham 13.1, as well as some bug fixes and changes to the box.

So it should fix some of the problems you guys have listed here in this thread.

Hopefully the new update will now include Gotham 13.2 as it is listed as fixing various XBMC bugs.

We will have a new firmware update this week for the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will include our new version of Gotham 13.1, as well as some bug fixes and changes to the box.

So it should fix some of the problems you guys have listed here in this thread.We will have a new firmware update this week for the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will include our new version of Gotham 13.1, as well as some bug fixes and changes to the box.

So it should fix some of the problems you guys have listed here in this thread.

Hopefully the new update will now include Gotham 13.2 as it is listed as fixing various XBMC bugs.

It will include a revised version of 13.1

13.2 did not have a lot of major changes, and addresses problems with OSX and minor other issues.

I am sure we will update to this version soon though

Sometimes it still freezes in the launcher, i just have to shut it down with remote and it works.

If i turn off the box with the remote the red lighttturns off but eventually goes on and off all the time from red to blue.

Overall it works well and i use xbmc 13.2 beta