Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

OpenELEC

Just so everyone knows

I will have updated versions to 6.0 and 5.08 within 1-2 weeks

Since they updated these 2 versions in November

http://amlinux.ru/image/

I just sent the current version I have to the 10 people that emailed me for it within the last few hours

Ok I got it reverted back to android 5.01 it's to bad that openelec has issues with my box where I have to unplug the power cord to turn it back on otherwise openelec is the way to go I have a rasberrypi 2 and that runs well

I know of this issue

It was a mistake in coding of the remote

The ON/OFF works only through IR code, so what happened here is to Power Off the box uses KR60 IR code and to Power it back on uses KR34 IR code

I have told them about this already, and will be fixed in next update.

Hi markobrose,

How'd you revert back to android?

Trying to revert back to android as well from Openelec on my ATV582, but not happening.

Please advise.

Regards

This should work

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

As for release of Openelec updated version

After call I had last night, they have changed it to Mid January now.

Due to, to many other projects that are more priority right now.

Sorry I pushed for it, but was told Mid January is Final

Justin,

Are you still on schedule for the next release of OpenELEC ?,.....as the version you gave me some time back also has the power off / on issues ,...where the original remote turns it off but not able to power it back up. Another strange thing that happenes is if I power off my TV with my TV remote the 1800e box powers off as well,....even if I cover up the IR sensor on the front of the 1800e. My 1800e is hooked up via HDMI cable to my Receiver and from my Receiver to the TV. Are the coders also aware of this issue ??

Justin,

Any news on openELEC ?,......definitely the way to go with the 1800 box. Android OS just has too many issues and is a resource hog. On a side note,...have to mention that Kodi runs BEST on a windows OS box / PC.

They promised me Openelec before Chinese New Years

China shuts down on like Feb 5th

So will post it once I have it.

Justin,.........it is now Feb 4th and I am assuming you still did not get the Openelec firmware you were promised ??

"Re: Some News and New Stuff

Postby Justin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Posting 1900 FW Now

Just waiting on Upload to finish

OPENELEC Will be tomorrow as I have Videos being made for it.

One version works on 1800/582/380/1900

Another version works on 585/185"

....Justin,

Did I miss something here ?,.......as I can not seem to find where you posted the latest OPENELEC file for the 1800 ??

Thanks,

Justin,

I installed it last night and it seems to run well so far,... also nice to see the power on/off functions working properly now. I will report any issues if I come across any.

Thanks again !

Hi Justin do you have a file for openELEC for mygica 1200 also Justin will this help with the buffering issues will this be better than Android thanking you in advance George :)

Hi Justin do you have a file for openELEC for mygica 1200 also Justin will this help with the buffering issues will this be better than Android thanking you in advance George :)

This is only for ATV 585, 1800, 1900, 380

We cannot do this for ATV 1200.

A lot of users who mainly use KODI, prefer Openelec over Android. Since it is not such a resource hog like Android is.

Justin,

Do you have a idea when openELEC with Kodi Version 16.0 (Jarvis) will be available ?

...also I still find that when I am downloading a show,...if I turn off the TV or my Receiver the 1800e goes into standby mode (green light only). I am using the latest available openELEC firmware, I also had the same issue with the previous openELEC firmware. Really hoping the next release fixes this bug.

Justin,

Do you have a idea when openELEC with Kodi Version 16.0 (Jarvis) will be available ?

...also I still find that when I am downloading a show,...if I turn off the TV or my Receiver the 1800e goes into standby mode (green light only). I am using the latest available openELEC firmware, I also had the same issue with the previous openELEC firmware. Really hoping the next release fixes this bug.

You have HDMI CEC settings turned on by chance?

Only thing I can think of that would cause your 1800E to shut off.

As for update to 16.0 Jarvis - Probably wont see an update till 16.2 comes out.

Good point Justin,....I will check my receiver to make sure that HDMI cec has not been selected,....I do not believe I have that option enabled,....or even available in my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver,....but I will double check anyway.

Thanks,

Good point Justin,....I will check my receiver to make sure that HDMI cec has not been selected,....I do not believe I have that option enabled,....or even available in my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver,....but I will double check anyway.

Thanks,

I am not sure but it might be an option with the settings of Openelec as well.

Really looking forward to 16.x on Openelec. I'm making the upgrade to 15.2 from Android tonight. I have enough android devices to not care about having more apps to contend with. Media box all the way now. :)