Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gica4ever

OTA 20151201 Failed (setup not responding)

Hello,

Yesterday I updated both my 1800 and my 582... 1800 Did good while the 582 got a Setup stop responding error after the download then after many Wait's it failed.

Now when I run manual check on the 582 for updates I get an error message saying there is not enough space on my card. Clean-up or Format. But there is planty of space.

How do I clean junk left by a failed previous attempt to update the box? Without formating. :cry:

Self reply once again.

I went in recovery mode and reinstalled the last firmware from November. Once rebooted the OTA downloaded and installed normally.

Next time if you go into recovery mode and just clear the cache

Then reboot, you will have enough space to take the OTA update.

where are the details for Dec (12012015) update ? I got 19112015 update and after that it prompts for Dec update. What is this update for and what has changed in this update ? Difference between Nov and Dec update ?

There is a post for Nov update. I searched but didnt find any post or details about Dec firmware update ?

I also see HDMI blackout patch. Do I need to apply that after Dec OTA firmware update ?

I haven't updated myself (yet, doing renos around the house) but my understanding is that a window pops up up to say what the changes are.

Only apply the update if, when going back to your HDMI that has your Mygica, you get a black screen.