Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrisparks

Justin is..

Re: Justin is..

Postby badig88 ยป Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Reading all of this, my take on it is as follows:

This is what happens when you ignore the issues with a expensive product, post lots of info on how great the next product will be "1950" and lead the current user community along promising fixes and updates and then don't deliver them.

All of you defending, probably don't actually own a 1900 that doesn't work. Attacking Justin directly is not the answer as well. I'm sure he's doing his best this week at CES in Las Vegas to get us working software....

MAJOR Problems:

1. Will not go into standby

2. No DD 5.1 HDMI passthru

3. No DTS HDMI passthru

4. Freezing when streaming 720 and 1080 content

5. MVK files stutter on playback

6. no HD Netflix (Was not advertised to do this according to Justin, I guess we all just assumed something this powerful could just do it)

I'm sure I'm missing some, but really? The lame ass comments about "having to pay for licensing" are a joke! The computer store around the corner from me couldn't keep the 582's in stock, they flew off the shelves, and the 1900 did the same when it came it. Now the store shelve are full of 1900's "open box item", this tells me maybe you should pay for the licenses for this product. Maybe people with stop returning it... Just a thought. And to the poor suckers that are all excited about the 1950... What makes you think they will magically pay for the required licensing for it????

MyGica wake up! you are pissing off your user community, I'm not making that up, all you need to do is read this forum. You will tank your products and company if you don't take care of the people who pay you. This market has become fiercely competitive, (check out CES) your only separator is that you have an established deep user community. Don't lose it by not supporting it, people that feel ripped off, tend to talk to other people about it.

Please pay attention to your 1900 community, it is very upset.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS WRITEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID BUY A 1900AC FROM WORLDWIDESATELLITES AND JUSTIN SAID HE WOULD WORK TO GET ME AN EXCHANGE ONCE I GAVE HIM THE RETAILER WHICH I DID A WEEK AGO AND SINCE THEN I HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING BACK FROM HIM....I HAVE EMAILED WORLDWIDESATELLITES THAT MY WIFI HAS NEVER WORKED AND I WILL UPDATE THE BOARD AS TO THEIR RESPONSE AS THEY WERE CLOSED THIS WEEKEND...IF THEY RESPOND BACK OF COURSE!!!!! I AM UTTERLY PISSED OFF WITH THIS PRODUCT AND THE LACK OF SUPPORT AND BS FIRMWARE UPDATES SO FAR AND PROMISED THAT I DONT SEE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I met up with Justin and as promised got my 1900AC replaced with a new unit as it was deemed mine was defective with the WIFI not able to work.

I showed Justin some of the issues I have been having IE Reboot not working and I believe he understands the issue clearer now.

I will now test the unit out for a week before writing back my findings.

I can at least say that Justin was true to his word and I am at least pleased to know I have received this type of customer service.

I have bought other units from other dealers and trust me when you bring up issues they become very defensive and are not willing to acknowledge there is any issues present.

ught other units from other dealers and trust me when you bring up issues they become very defensive and are not willing to acknowledge there is any issues present.

As long as you differentiate between dealers and "resellers". Hell, on paper I'm a reseller. I buy from a registered (Ottawa) dealer and "forward" the devices to my customers. I offer service but the "returns" are through my dealer.

Are all boxes perfect? No. Is Mygica better than average at answering back customer issues? Hell yes. Try updating other android boxes with current firmware (or even finding out where to get it) then get back to me.

J

Reading through this thread is very informative but also a lot to process.

Also I am not so happy about the fighting on here, sometimes its just easier to say nothing at all, rather then going back and forth on certain subjects.

I am surprised you guys started a thread just about me..LOL

I hope you guys know, I do read almost everything that is posted on our forum, and do take everything seriously.

Last week I actually screenshot a lot of different posts/threads and sent them off to some high up managers at our China office to show them that a lot of people are unhappy with the 1900, it really opened there eyes and showed them what myself and our team have been dealing with.

I posted this on a different thread earlier and I will repeat it here

Now the 1900 I know has just been a nightmare, I will admit that.

I have been trying to work through everything on the 1900 as fast as I can but it has been very troublesome to get everything worked out.

I am giving this only a few more firmware attempts, and if we cannot make it fully functional then we will work out something for all customers that have 1900s to make them happy.

After clarifying more of the issues with some of you, either by email, forums or even face to face. I now better understand a lot of these issues.

Which actually should have never even been an issue in the first place since they are such basic issues for the most part.

I should do more research (other than just look at the hardware specifications) before buying my first Android TV box. - ATV1900ac.

it is not a Google Supported devices and not able play Google Play Movies and Netflix in HD .

This box is currently useless for me unless the discussed 5.1 firmware update available and solve the problems.

I will wait for couple more weeks before return the box to the retailer.

Unread postby Justin ยป Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Also I am not so happy about the fighting on here, sometimes its just easier to say nothing at all, rather then going back and forth on certain subjects.

I hope you guys know, I do read almost everything that is posted on our forum, and do take everything seriously.

Last week I actually screenshot a lot of different posts/threads and sent them off to some high up managers at our China office to show them that a lot of people are unhappy with the 1900, it really opened there eyes and showed them what myself and our team have been dealing with.

I have been trying to work through everything on the 1900 as fast as I can but it has been very troublesome to get everything worked out.

I am giving this only a few more firmware attempts, and if we cannot make it fully functional then we will work out something for all customers that have 1900s to make them happy.

After clarifying more of the issues with some of you, either by email, forums or even face to face. I now better understand a lot of these issues.

Which actually should have never even been an issue in the first place since they are such basic issues for the most part.

HOW CAN WE ALL COLLECTIVELY NOT RESPECT THIS TRANSPARENT HONESTY FROM JUSTIN REPPING MYGICA - I HAVE EXPERIENCE MYSELF DEALING WITH OTHER DEALERS/RESELLERS WHO PROMISE 1YR SUPPORT AFTER PURCHASE BUT IN FACT WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED IS ARROGANT DEFENSIVE ATTITUDES WITH ONE GOAL TO NOT HAVE TO REPLACE OR RETURN BOXES.....SO THAT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST....

Unread postby Justin ยป Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 pm

HOW CAN WE ALL COLLECTIVELY NOT RESPECT THIS TRANSPARENT HONESTY FROM JUSTIN REPPING MYGICA - I HAVE EXPERIENCE MYSELF DEALING WITH OTHER DEALERS/RESELLERS WHO PROMISE 1YR SUPPORT AFTER PURCHASE BUT IN FACT WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED IS ARROGANT DEFENSIVE ATTITUDES WITH ONE GOAL TO NOT HAVE TO REPLACE OR RETURN BOXES.....SO THAT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST....

Sorry I am not sure how to take your post?

You are not happy with what I wrote? Or you are happy?

Sorry I am not sure how to take your post?

You are not happy with what I wrote? Or you are happy?

I think you got an attaboy out of that somewhere.

So Justin, where's our update on gms certification for the 1900ac so we can stream Google media and netflix, etc in HD?

Basically, where's 5.1? It's been several months now.

You said you'd let us know after CES.

So Justin, where's our update on gms certification for the 1900ac so we can stream Google media and netflix, etc in HD?

Basically, where's 5.1? It's been several months now.

You said you'd let us know after CES.

5.1 I am still pushing for every week.

But nothing yet. Will push more.

HD Netflix I am now in talks with Netflix on this, after CES.

There requirements are not the greatest, but not terrible either.

So we are discussing this internally now between our office in Canada and also office in China.

Ever since Netflix opened into 100+ countries last month, they are searching for brands to work with to bring more business in countries that Apple TV, ROKU, Amazon etc. are not

This works for us since we are in East Asia, Australia and Europe.

I will keep you guys up to date on this.

But I do not want to give anyone's hopes up cause I do not want to promise something for this if I cannot deliver.

I just want to say a big thanks to Justin on behalf of all of us here for understanding our frustration and working with us on a level that isn't around these days. I've personally been apart of many forums over the years and I can honestly say that the involvement that Justin puts forth on here is second to none. This is a man who cares about his work and it shows, this forum is proof of that. My first box was a MyGica ATV582 and even though I only owned it for 2 weeks I can personally vouch that it is solid for what it is, The reason I returned it was only because I personally needed a heavier duty box and the 1900AC had everything I wanted.

Unfortunately this box has become a lemon and has been plagued with almost every issue imaginable, from delays in production and up to now with the issues that have arisen since release, Justin knows this. There is currently 132 topics on this device and Justin has replied in over 95% of them, what other forum has anyone been on to see that much input from a representive? All of these issues we're having isn't his fault and he has been doing everything he can to work with us. I wish more companies would take notice of this kind of dedication.

I will end with this,

Honestly I picked up another box and it is not what I hoped it to be either, It can do what I expected the 1900AC could, but the grass isn't much greener over on that side of the fence either. It took days of trying out many different manufacturer's firmware and custom ROM's to find one that is able to do what I need the box to do. It's to the point where now I'm learning how to compile Firmware, just to be able to have the box I need (I'll say that I really wished I paid more attention to Linux over the years, who knew that it would actually become the basis to the most used mobile OS)! With that said I was also considering selling my 1900AC, but because of Justin's dedication and his promise to make things right with us, I've decided to keep it and see what the next few firmwares will bring and hopefully I can switch back and keep the other box as a ROM Development play toy!

Thanks Again Justin!