Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrisparks

Justin is..

Harrisparks is...

Posting a confrontational question with no explanation?

...a pretty good guy, trying to do the best he can from here, dealing with staff across the ocean on our behalf! Not an easy task, and quite a slow process, but at least there is somebody here genuinely looking out for our best interests.

Happy New Year Justin!!

+1 ncoleman007

Justin, never mind Harrisparks....I'm still a faithful and happy MyGica owner. Just received a 1900 from my wife for Christmas and very happy with its performance so far!

Thank you for your hard work keeping this group informed and for providing the updates when possible.

Have a happy new year.

Harrisparks - I have no idea what you are trying to achieve with this post. Sounds like trolling.

Justin makes us feel closer to the development and evolution of our devices. Comments seams to be taken into considerations as much as possible. I'm happy.

Haven't heard much from him lately. But can the guy get vacations like everybody else?

I certainly hope so.

Harrisparks is.... right on the money.

I did some looking through the forums. Apparently harris bought a 1900 w/o Google gms and is now commenting on the fact that it errr, doesn't have gms?! :D

Apparently the 1900 will (eventually) get Google gms in android 5.1 which will be out after CES in the new year.

Lol

You're all so misinformed and ignorant. The 1900ac is being sold with the Android logo on it. Which tells the customer its Google Certified. Misleading marketing and packaging. This is not a low-end product. I paid good hard earned money on this thing with the expectation that it was to be fully GMS certified. I was mislead and in a wa,y lied to.

I have asked justin before for a timeline on gms certification for the 1900ac since I would like to use the product like a true Android TV box and be able to play my Google content in HD. I have not received an answer yet.

This is not an unreasonable request since the packaging had the gms graphic on the box.

So good day to all you haters but I know there are folks out there who are in a similar position as me. I'm just not afraid to speak up and get some real answers. (I initialy asked justin over a month ago with no reply.)

Lol

You're all so misinformed and ignorant. The 1900ac is being sold with the Android logo on it. Which tells the customer its Google Certified. Misleading marketing and packaging. This is not a low-end product. I paid good hard earned money on this thing with the expectation that it was to be fully GMS certified. I was mislead and in a wa,y lied to.

Found this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_mobile_services

Google Mobile Services are the applications and services provided by Google in order to enhance the user's mobile experience. Google Mobile Services are distinct from Android; they remain under a completely "separate license" from Google.[1]

Please feel free to waste more time trying disprove my recent post.

I may have details wrong but overall I'm still in the right and so are all the other customers who are in a similar situation as myself.

Personally think its hilariously pathetic when trolls feel the need to disprove anoyher persons opinion. I generally find those who are like this need to get a life. Get off your computer and experience the real wold. This includes talking to real people and socializing.

I have a very valid point and you can point out all the minor errors in my post if you want but you're really wasting your time.

I await an answer from any of the MODS, until then I have a family to raise.

Also I suggest you read the official product overivew. It clearly insinuates that this device will handle all Google media. It even displays the Google play logo. Hence why I made reference to Google/Android. In my mind they are the same. I think almost all Android users would make the same assumption .

So again, please feel to continue to point out all the errors in my post.

Lol

I have asked justin before for a timeline on gms certification for the 1900. (I initialy asked justin over a month ago with no reply.)

Justin responded this, right above your question of "can I install the 1800 software on this?"

As for a timeline on 1900FW having it, it will be included when we upgrade to 5.1

I may have details wrong but overall I'm still in the right.

Must..... hold...... tongue. :D

But seriously tho, you buy a box that doesn't do what you think it does (either because you were misled by the location you got it from or you assumed incorrectly) and instead of returning it and getting a cheaper, functional device you complain that the software isn't coming out fast enough to satisfy you? Not trolling here either. I've been around too long for that...

I will respond to this tomorrow in more detail

Sorry I haven't been on the forums the last week. Been busy preparing for CES and our office is closed Dec 31-Jan3rd for Holidays

Wow dude, you really need to get a life away from your computer.

Just trying to clarify any misconceptions and misinformation, no need to get personal :D

BTW its pretty easy to multitask. IPad + multiple tabs.

Pm sent to harrisparks. This is now between him (her) and me. Tried to stay away from the personal inflammatory comments, but hey, time to comment off the record between grown ups :arrow:

Someone needs anger management. Not sure why this thread angers him so much. I suggest you seek professional help.

I'm going to ask you to stop pm'ing me. If you continue to do so, I will consider that harassment and contact your ISP.

Screenshot_20160102-223056.png.f4f56bba7053063c8470fbd15d82ba34.png

The only thing I can say is if Justin is not going to be on the forum for long periods of time he should tell everyone he will not be here. This is a big problem when people don't get the answers there looking for. I do not like to wait for days on end to get answers to problems so show some respect to your customers and tell them you won't be around to answer questions. (Time Period). This is why you get irate people by not answering.

I'm going to ask you to stop pm'ing me. If you continue to do so....

Wish granted :D As per harrisparks' request, I'll respond publicly.

1. You mistake my direct retort as being angry. Couldn't be further from the truth. I calmly and directly told you that you were being an ******. I simply wasn't polite about it.

2. Anyone who publicly calls another member (in no particular order) a troll, pathetic, ignorant, and to "get a life" really can't play the harassment card, can they?

3. I think my ISPs safe from being contacted... :mrgreen: I can hear the call now...

Bell/Rogers/Tek Savvy/Primus

Service department, can I help you?

HS

I called somebody a bad name on the Internet and then they pm'ed me. Now I want them punished. Hello? click click Hello?

:D Just kidding

Guys please do not bash each other on the Forum

That is not what the Forum is for. If it continues I will just LOCK this thread

As for DRM of Google Play Movies and TV Shows

This won't be added till Android 5.1, as for when we are able to offer 5.1 I do not have a release date for it right now.

I am at CES this week, so will try to get a clearer answer on 5.1 while I am here

Please feel free to waste more time trying disprove my recent post.

I may have details wrong but overall I'm still in the right and so are all the other customers who are in a similar situation as myself.

Personally think its hilariously pathetic when trolls feel the need to disprove anoyher persons opinion. I generally find those who are like this need to get a life. Get off your computer and experience the real wold. This includes talking to real people and socializing.

I have a very valid point and you can point out all the minor errors in my post if you want but you're really wasting your time.

I await an answer from any of the MODS, until then I have a family to raise.

Lol. You do realize that by making a post targeting/insulting a moderator on an internet forum you are literally the definition of an internet troll? If you have a problem with the company leave a review or something.

Take your own advice and stop wasting your own time on the internet and go outside.

The stupidity is strong in this one...

Reading all of this, my take on it is as follows:

This is what happens when you ignore the issues with a expensive product, post lots of info on how great the next product will be "1950" and lead the current user community along promising fixes and updates and then don't deliver them.

All of you defending, probably don't actually own a 1900 that doesn't work. Attacking Justin directly is not the answer as well. I'm sure he's doing his best this week at CES in Las Vegas to get us working software....

MAJOR Problems:

1. Will not go into standby

2. No DD 5.1 HDMI passthru

3. No DTS HDMI passthru

4. Freezing when streaming 720 and 1080 content

5. MVK files stutter on playback

6. no HD Netflix (Was not advertised to do this according to Justin, I guess we all just assumed something this powerful could just do it)

I'm sure I'm missing some, but really? The lame ass comments about "having to pay for licensing" are a joke! The computer store around the corner from me couldn't keep the 582's in stock, they flew off the shelves, and the 1900 did the same when it came it. Now the store shelve are full of 1900's "open box item", this tells me maybe you should pay for the licenses for this product. Maybe people with stop returning it... Just a thought. And to the poor suckers that are all excited about the 1950... What makes you think they will magically pay for the required licensing for it????

MyGica wake up! you are pissing off your user community, I'm not making that up, all you need to do is read this forum. You will tank your products and company if you don't take care of the people who pay you. This market has become fiercely competitive, (check out CES) your only separator is that you have an established deep user community. Don't lose it by not supporting it, people that feel ripped off, tend to talk to other people about it.

Please pay attention to your 1900 community, it is very upset.