Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravendagrey

Getting Livid

I am at the point of throwing my box into the garbage. I wasted 300 bucks on this pos and I still can't even watch a single show without the WiFi getting disconnected 4 to 8 times. There hasn't been any word in over a week from Justin and the new mod is clueless. This box has been out for over 6 EFFING months and still has issues that haven't been fixed since day one. I think it may be about time to start speaking with some lawyers.

I am at the point of throwing my box into the garbage. I wasted 300 bucks on this pos and I still can't even watch a single show without the WiFi getting disconnected 4 to 8 times. There hasn't been any word in over a week from Justin and the new mod is clueless. This box has been out for over 6 EFFING months and still has issues that haven't been fixed since day one. I think it may be about time to start speaking with some lawyers.

You are still getting Wifi disconnect issues even on the last firmware I posted?

Did you happen to try a factory reset of the box after installing the new firmware so you could start fresh?

We tested this on 10 different boxes here in the office for hours to make sure the Wifi worked properly, and it did not disconnect.

Hi Justin,

Im sorry about the rant it was really pissing me off this morning... The box was great for the first week with the latest firmware and then the WiFi started dropping out more often till now its dropping out all the time. The worst part was at first it would reconnect automatically within a few seconds and now I have to do a full reboot to get the WiFi to pick up any wireless signal. The issue isn't restricted to kodi either as it happens with anything that uses the WiFi. I no longer have the ability to hardwire the box and a fewcof my apps can't pickup the Ethernet anyways.

I did the update by USB as per instructions but I haven't done a factory wipe since. I'm honestly not looking forward to doing this as a lot has changed in the last month in the realm of kodi as I'm sure you're aware with the crazy influx of people buying boxes this year.

What is the best way to do a full factory wipe? Normally I'd hook up my device to the PC and flash via micro USB cable. I've only done it this way with other boxes and phones.

Ravendagrey, not sure if you saw the latest posts in the "Not happy at all with this android box" topic area, apparently all we have to do is send our software version and build number and benderdondat the new mod will fix everything for us.

Great news!

Ravendagrey, not sure if you saw the latest posts in the "Not happy at all with this android box" topic area, apparently all we have to do is send our software version and build number and benderdondat the new mod will fix everything for us.

Great news!

So let me get this straight. First you complain that "there is only one Mod and he's not responding", then your pissy about a (by your own admission) "new" Mod who was probably thrown in here blind but who is trying to answer your questions to the best of his ability and you're dumping on him? I went through his 11 or so posts/answers and I didn't find anything particularly stupid in his answers. Naïve maybe but not unknowledgeable by any means.

If a Mod is being a dork I'll be the first to give my opinion. If a member is doing the same, then my response will be the same.

What I can see is this.

1. The 1900 is a failure as it is.

2. MyGica will either a) do nothing and lose buyers of potential higher-end boxes that are getting into the mini-pc price range, b) reimburse buyers towards another equivalent box or; c) update the box to make it useable.

I've owned/set up every MyGica box except the 1900 and haven't had problems. I also have a Himedia Q3, Jynxbox, and had a Google Nexus Player and WD Live. Why somebody would pay $190-$250 for a media player is beyond me. Bitch and complain to the Forum/Mods all you want but at least keep it civil.

Wjw are you talking to me or ksmitty because if you were talking to me you should read my other posts as I have been a mostly positive person on the forums and doing my best to help others and mygica get their box working properly. I have also owned another mygica device the 582 and for what it is its a great little machine it just couldn't do what I wanted it to do. Its the whole reason I bought the 1900ac instead of other cheaper yet similar boxes. I've even gone and stuck up for Justin in the Justin Is... Thread. The new mod is exactly that "new" and hasn't been around to see our issues first hand and that's why I stated he was clueless. Its not his fault as like you say he was thrown in here to help out.

I just wish I never bought this box. Its been a thorn in my side since the day I bought it and I even tried to sell it. No one will even make me an offer for it with the asking price of 200 obo with the kr301 air mouse remote, its been up for sale for almost 60 days not a single reply. That's over 100 bucks off as it is (229.99 + 39.99 + taxes) and honestly I don't blame them. All I can say is be happy you didn't buy the 1900AC.

"asking price of 200 obo with the kr301 air mouse remote, its been up for sale for almost 60 days not a single reply. That's over 100 bucks off as it is (229.99 + 39.99 + taxes)"

Not to split hairs, but, Amazon is selling New MyGica ATV 1900ac, $199.99 CDN$. That could explain the reluctance of people to acquire yours.

I just looked it up.

Wjw are you talking to me or ksmitty because if you were talking to me you should read my other posts as I have been a mostly positive person on the forums and doing my best to help others and mygica get their box working properly. I have also owned another mygica device the 582 and for what it is its a great little machine it just couldn't do what I wanted it to do. Its the whole reason I bought the 1900ac instead of other cheaper yet similar boxes. I've even gone and stuck up for Justin in the Justin Is... Thread. The new mod is exactly that "new" and hasn't been around to see our issues first hand and that's why I stated he was clueless. Its not his fault as like you say he was thrown in here to help out.

I just wish I never bought this box. Its been a thorn in my side since the day I bought it and I even tried to sell it. No one will even make me an offer for it with the asking price of 200 obo with the kr301 air mouse remote, its been up for sale for almost 60 days not a single reply. That's over 100 bucks off as it is (229.99 + 39.99 + taxes) and honestly I don't blame them. All I can say is be happy you didn't buy the 1900AC.

+1 to ravendagrey's respone. I too have been a vocal supporter of MyGica here and on other forums. Love my 582, I should have stuck with it when buying a second unit. For the record I too have defended Justin (remember the Justin is...thread) and others on the forum who dissed MyGica. I may have even backed you once or twice wjw. I guess I have reached my tolerance level when a new mod comes on and in the way the posts are written acts surprised to hear there are problems and says to send in software versions and build specs as if it is a recently developed issue. I will gladly welcome any new mods or contributors to this forum who add value. Specifically, if you represent the company to whom we paid money for a product that has yet to deliver as advertised...yeah I guess I expect too much and have been a bit harsh my last few posts. My apologies benderdondat.

I do recall Justin saying in a post a few months ago:

"I posted this on a different thread earlier and I will repeat it here. Now the 1900 I know has just been a nightmare, I will admit that I have been trying to work through everything on the 1900 as fast as I can but it has been very troublesome to get everything worked out. I am giving this only a few more firmware attempts, and if we cannot make it fully functional then we will work out something for all customers that have 1900s to make them happy."

I sent Justin a PM last week so as not to bash the situation openly and to privately suggest an update go out to 1900 customers as people were getting restless. I never received an acknowledgement, we haven't had any updates from Justin since before the Chinese New Year and then the new mod appeared.

My apologies for being frustrated.

by johnmacpherson » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

"asking price of 200 obo with the kr301 air mouse remote, its been up for sale for almost 60 days not a single reply. That's over 100 bucks off as it is (229.99 + 39.99 + taxes)"

Not to split hairs, but, Amazon is selling New MyGica ATV 1900ac, $199.99 CDN$. That could explain the reluctance of people to acquire yours.

I just looked it up.

Fair enough I didnt realise the price has gone down since I purchased the unit, but usually if somethings been on for that long, I should of got a low ball offer at the very least.

I can confirm it is also on for 199.99 at CC after 30 dollar instant rebate until March 10th as a "weekly special"

On that note, group hugs all around for a crappy high-end box that should never have been introduced into the market the way it was.

There are a few things that mygica should realize soon in their sales department if they haven't realized it already. One, there are more Android and Linux boxes out now than there ever have been. Two, since mygica has been out for half a decade they should have been way ahead of the curve instead of trying to catch up. And three, there are a good number of boxes out now that are both better and cheaper in a great number of aspects than the products that they have now been manufacturing in the last year.

For example I have a box that is the equivalent of the 380 / 582 that has had updates in June of last year, October of last year, and December of last year. There is supposed to be another update coming in March. Unfortunately for that box (and opposite to the mygica forums here) the forum support is almost non-existent.

I posted this in another thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after many back and forth on the Phone and Email with my team in China.

I did show them preety much everything that has been written about the 1900 on this Forum.

So I have taken action to get something done. We realize there is just an issue with Android 5.0 in general, and not exactly the hardware itself.

This is what will be done within the next 2-4 weeks for the 1900AC

1. Will be upgrading to Android 5.1. We received the 5.1 SDK for S812 and will be making it work on the 1900AC. This will take a few weeks to do. Please do not ask me for an exact date, as I do not have it. Also do not ask when it will be released for 1800/582/585/586/380, because I just do not have an answer to that right now.

We will then see everyone's feedback on there 1900. Then reevaluate the situation.

2. Will make a Android 4.4 version available to everyone. Since the 1900 is very similar to the 1800, we can do this rather quickly. 1800/4.4 Firmware has been proven to be very stable.

3, Will bring an update to Openelec to address some minor issues.

Once this is all done, you will have 3 working solutions to use on your ATV 1900s. 2 of them being Android, and one of them being OPENELEC.

If still not satisfied with the above 3 options once they become available. We have something else in the works to satisfy all 1900 customers that are not happy.

Thanks

Justin

I said it before and I'll say it again. I pop into quite a few forums and this is one of the few that has an active response from Mods. Try updating an MXQ and you end up having to use Google translate to find out which equivalent firmware to download to your box.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I pop into quite a few forums and this is one of the few that has an active response from Mods. Try updating an MXQ and you end up having to use Google translate to find out which equivalent firmware to download to your box.[/quote

Thanks for your comments

Appreciate it.