Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

murkyroller

problem with mygica now that I have openelec

I just downloaded the openelec now I am not able to get out of that program and back to my home screen of Mygica. I cannot access my gica features,manage my settings, go to youtube, Netflix or anything else. I'm just stuck in Openelec. Did I do something wrong or is that what happens when you convert from Kodi to the new version?

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=4113

Quote from Justin on the page that you probably got your download from

Here is our Unofficial OPENELEC KODI 15.2 Version for the MyGica ATV 1800E

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX AND ALSO DELETE ANDROID**

**OPENELEC WILL NOW BECOME THE OPERATING SYSTEM AFTER YOU INSTALL THIS**

OPENELEC is a Standalone Version of KODI which is basically KODI LINUX with KODI now becoming your entire operating system rather then Android.

That is the download I used. Is there a way to keep the new version of Kodi(openelec) and still use the mygica features.?
http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=4113

Quote from Justin on the page that you probably got your download from

Here is our Unofficial OPENELEC KODI 15.2 Version for the MyGica ATV 1800E

OPENELEC is a Standalone Version of KODI which is basically KODI LINUX with KODI now becoming your entire operating system rather then Android.

If not clear yet, I think WJW is saying the note with the released firmware indicates that OPENELEC is only for running KODI and does not support any of the other MyGica or Android stuff that was originally on your box. Its either Openelec and Kodi, or Android and everything. You cannot at present have OpenElec and everything. Quite a few people only use the box for Kodi, so Openelec is apparently a great alternative for them. For others using the box for all the other features, Openelec doesn't cut it.

If the rest of the features are desired you can always reload Android. There is a post around here somewhere that tells you how to do that with a link to the firmware.

So the very short answer to your question, is "No".

As I stated in the release of Openelec that I posted.

You will lose the ability of Android once Openelec is installed.

KODI basically becomes your new Operating System, as OPENELEC is just a linux based version of KODI.

Thank you for your answer ncoleman. And thanks Justin as well but why didnt you just said that the first time so i would not have waited2 days to figure this out still appreciate it . . . Just sayin

I found this from Justin in the same post as the link to get the openelec

But seriously, I Googled "What is openelec with Kodi" and came up with the information that...

a) Openelec is now the complete operating system on whatever device you're running, and;

b) whatever "old" operating system was there will be removed.

Therefore no Netflix, no Browser, no Android-based Google Play Store etc.

I mean, just sayin'. :D

Thank you for your answer ncoleman. And thanks Justin as well but why didnt you just said that the first time so i would not have waited2 days to figure this out still appreciate it . . . Just sayin

No problem in terms of helping

But I will reference "wjw's" post that is above this one.

I did warn everyone about OPENELEC being the only OS once it is installed and deleting Android.

I put it in big bold letters.

So please just make sure to read everything before trying it in the future.

Hi All,

I am on OPENELEC now.

Some reason the background of OPENELEC is taking 1/3 of my display when viewing...When i am in the menu mode it disappears. When i exit it and watch my streaming media it shows. Any idea how to get ride of it?

BlackBox

Hi All,

I am on OPENELEC now.

Some reason the background of OPENELEC is taking 1/3 of my display when viewing...When i am in the menu mode it disappears. When i exit it and watch my streaming media it shows. Any idea how to get ride of it?

BlackBox

Can you upload a picture of this?