Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaceman10

Mounting 1TB Drive

I have purchased a 1900 and have updated kodi and ran the firmware update from Feb. I have plugged in my 1TB usb drive and the 1900 is unable to see it , the area is grayed out to mount usb drive. Is there a fix? I am able to read and write to usb drives and micro cards.

Thanks

Rick

If I remember correctly, the Mygicas (and I believe other android boxes too) sometimes have trouble with hdd's formatted as ntfs (depending on the manufacturer). I get around that by plugging my external drives into my desktop downstairs in the basement that I use as a server and look at it via smb.

I think there's a thread here somewhere that talks about external drives not turning off when the boxes are in standby. You may want to search for that.

my 582 box is able to read an write to the 1 TB drive , I was surprised the 1900 wasn't and seen some posts that others were disappointed with theirs.

Thanks

Hay rick I had some what of the same problem I just unpluged my box and plunged it back in and it seen my hard dive then . (Leave it plunged in to usb port) . My dive is only 500gb tho hope this helps.

I have tried every thing to be able to read my external drives , also noticed that the only lights on the box are the power and name. No other lights. I still have a few days to return this box as defective, is it defective or just a software issue that a software fix will repair?

Thanks

I have had to return my 1900 , it started to drop out on network connection along with the problem with connection with disk drives. Hopefully MyGica gets the bugs worked out. I am pleased with my 582 boxes.

Hello everyone, I have no problem mounting a Verbatim 1 TB external disk, the problem is that sometimes i hear a sound like "clack" in the disk, it's like the power is not enough. I connect my disk to another PC, Smart TV or Router and the problem dissapear. I bought a USB HUB (7 ports) with power supply and it's the same (5 Vols 1 Ampers). The external HD is new, and have no problems connecting to another sources.

Regards.

Martin

I'm having the same problem with a 500gb drive. If I plug it in while by 582 is already booted then the drive doesn't spin up properly and makes a ticking noise. To resolve the problem I need to reboot the 582 while the drive is plugged in. Once the drive has detected is does behave erratically sometimes and very slow sometimes almost like it's disconnecting and reconnecting. I'm suspecting the hard drive may be faulty although it works mostly fine on a pc.

No problem on 1800e with 2tb USB drive just unplugged 1800attached drive directly on USB and re powered on detected and works fine