Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

muscarella

Streams Don't Start

Android 4.4.2 & Kodi 15.2

Hello,

for whatever reason 95% of anything i click on kodi simply doesn't work. After clicking on the live stream or movie/tv show on various add-ons either the "Working..." box will appear in the bottom right or the "Opening Stream" box will appear in the center. either way the box will just disappear and im given back the opportunity to select from the list again.

Theres no way that that is just the way it is and i am supposed to accept that because i know my cousin has the same set up but with functioning streams.

My router is nearby and id say we have above average internet but ive also heard these boxes are severely underpowered or maybe its an issue with kodi idk

but if anybody can help itd be appreciated

thanks

Doubtful the box is "underpowered". I have a 2.5 year old 1200 with 1 gig of ram and 4 gig of storage, 1.7 gig of which is used to run the operating system and it runs a custom build quite well thank you.

Run a speed test. A good number of the sites you're getting the links from ping back (hence the "working" icon) and if your speed is too slow, no stream for you...

If your cousin has a working setup then backup his and copy it to yours, then try it.

Usually when this happens it means whatever you are trying to stream, the server that was hosting it has deleted it and it is no longer available

Over the last month their have been a lot of issues with a lot of add ons, so this might explain it.

You might have to copy your friends unit to yours, like "wjw" suggested

Or just look at doing a fresh start on kodi and getting more up to date add ons.