Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NO1UNO

How to enable audio from "AV' output on a 582?

IMPORTANT... I am trying to run the OpenElec/Kodi set-up; NOT the Android out-of-the-box set-up. If I re-install the Android OS, I have the necessary options to select analog output but I'm trying to run the simpler OpenElec-only system.

Due to an old-world Denon AVR-3200 amp, I need to be able to enable analog audio output on my ATV-582. There is no selectable audio source in the KODI settings, just the AML-M8AUDIO/SPDIF and I am getting no sound when I connect to the supplied AV cable included in the MyGica box.

Any suggestions gladly accepted...

PS. Passing through all audio to the TV and then to the Denon is not working due to some digital "overload" issues with the amp; a known issue with this unit. Would really like to keep the amp; Made in Japan with bi-amping capability (expensive to replace).

Thanks...

IMPORTANT... I am trying to run the OpenElec/Kodi set-up; NOT the Android out-of-the-box set-up. If I re-install the Android OS, I have the necessary options to select analog output but I'm trying to run the simpler OpenElec-only system.

Due to an old-world Denon AVR-3200 amp, I need to be able to enable analog audio output on my ATV-582. There is no selectable audio source in the KODI settings, just the AML-M8AUDIO/SPDIF and I am getting no sound when I connect to the supplied AV cable included in the MyGica box.

Any suggestions gladly accepted...

PS. Passing through all audio to the TV and then to the Denon is not working due to some digital "overload" issues with the amp; a known issue with this unit. Would really like to keep the amp; Made in Japan with bi-amping capability (expensive to replace).

Thanks...

Sorry I just wanted to clarify with your post

You want to output the audio through the RCA Cable? Not HDMI?

If so, I do not think you can do this. The video and audio must go through the HDMI Cable or the RCA, you cannot split how the audio and video is distributed.

Hey Justin... some confusion her. I am trying to output audio through the 1/8" AV output; my 582 doesn't have any RCA outputs.

You say it cannot split the signal but I have it playing right now with the Android OS; HDMI is sending video to the TV, the AV output is sending audio to the amp. What I'm trying to do is have this same "split" setup with your new OpenElec/Kodi build.

I swear I had it running before but I can't get it to work now. Thanks for checking in...

Hey wjw...

Got all those items but when using the OpenElec OS I cannot get any sound from the output marked as "AV Output". Yes I've used the correct adaptor cable; matter of fact I CAN get audio if I use the factory installed Android OS. I lose audio when I install the OpenElec OS.

There seems to be some confusion here; I'm looking for instructions as to how to enable the AV Output.

Hey wjw...

Got all those items but when using the OpenElec OS I cannot get any sound from the output marked as "AV Output". Yes I've used the correct adaptor cable; matter of fact I CAN get audio if I use the factory installed Android OS. I lose audio when I install the OpenElec OS.

There seems to be some confusion here; I'm looking for instructions as to how to enable the AV Output.

I think the issue here is with OPENELEC itself, it currently only works with HDMI Output and not AV Output.