Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killavolt

Can't connect to the upgrade servers?

I just updated my firmware to the latest so I'm ok for now, but when I try to connect to the update servers it just says "connect service fail"

Does anyone know if there's something I need to do or check to make sure it isn't somehow blocked, or are there settings somewhere I need to configure?

I just updated my firmware to the latest so I'm ok for now, but when I try to connect to the update servers it just says "connect service fail"

Does anyone know if there's something I need to do or check to make sure it isn't somehow blocked, or are there settings somewhere I need to configure?

When you have the latest update, it will usually give you this message.

There is nothing you have done wrong on your side and nothing you need to configure

FYI!..Hi Justin ,most of us, have the Dec,2015 version and not the 03/2016 release and when you try to connect for the OTA upgrade, it will

display connection fail.

So, at the moment we cannot upgrade via OTA to the latest 2016 release.

Can you please check this on your side.

thank you.

FYI!..Hi Justin ,most of us, have the Dec,2015 version and not the 03/2016 release and when you try to connect for the OTA upgrade, it will

display connection fail.

So, at the moment we cannot upgrade via OTA to the latest 2016 release.

Can you please check this on your side.

thank you.

I have never been able to connect my 1800 OTA for an update. At all. Not once. Ever.

There's nothing for anyone to check - they know exactly what's going on.

1800 = No OTA updates. Period.

When you have the latest update, it will usually give you this message.

There is nothing you have done wrong on your side and nothing you need to configure

I'm currently setting up a brand new 380 with July 21/15 firmware (Kodi 14.2 Mygica Edition, anyone?) and have the same "connect fail" issue.

1 hour left on my 400 meg Nov 19 download from Mygica...

I have managed to have the box connect once, and then it was pulling the upgrade at a rate of about 30 KB/s. Since the updates are around 400 MB, the download lasted between 3.5 and 4 hours.

You don't want that. It's worse than not getting the update at all. There's no progress bar or anything, just a lot of waiting and not knowing what's going on.

Flash it manually.

We have just setup our 1GB Fiber lined server located in Canada as of this week.

It is meant to be used for IPTV service, so it will be very fast to be used as our new Update server for all of our boxes.

Were starting with sending a small patch file to boxes which will change the URL address within our Upgrade app.

We have started this on the ATV 586, the 1800, 1900, 582, 380 and 585 will follow with this shortly after.

A few days after this patch file is installed, you will be able to take our newest firmware file from our new server.

We have tested this server a lot, and it will be much faster then the old setup that was very slow.

We have just setup our 1GB Fiber lined server located in Canada as of this week.

It is meant to be used for IPTV service....

Is mygica getting into IPTV? Or do you guys in Mississauga just want really really fast personal streaming speeds?

It is meant to be used for IPTV service....

Is mygica getting into IPTV? Or do you guys in Mississauga just want really really fast personal streaming speeds?

No plans to do IPTV.

Plus the server is not at our office, its at a data center in Toronto.

Same one being used by Bell and Rogers etc

Just felt like getting such a fast server so we do not have speed issues anymore

I should have explained it better

Similar servers are used for IPTV, however were just using it for firmware updates.

It just means the server we got is very fast

Hey Justin,

Was the server update pushed to our MyGica boxes yet?? I just checked and I don't have a way of knowing if my 1800 E box received the new server IP address. My box is fairly new maybe 2 months old now. Additionally, when do you guys plan on releasing the latest Android Version, 5.1 Lollipop so that we can upgrade to Kodi Jarvis 16.1??

Hey Justin,

Was the server update pushed to our MyGica boxes yet?? I just checked and I don't have a way of knowing if my 1800 E box received the new server IP address. My box is fairly new maybe 2 months old now. Additionally, when do you guys plan on releasing the latest Android Version, 5.1 Lollipop so that we can upgrade to Kodi Jarvis 16.1??

We have not sent out an update for 1800E yet.

We will be in a week or so, just to fix a few minor issues.

We have had Android 5.1 available for the 1800E for a few weeks now

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4560

Android 4.4 Firmware already works for KODI 16.1, so you must have meant you want 5.1 to work with KODI 17.

Justin,

I thought there were a lot of user issues with 5.1 and we were waiting for it to come out of Beta for a full release. I will install Kodi 16.1 soon, as I want to run the latest good and stable version of Kodi. When I install Android 5.1 will it completely wipe all of my saved data off of my box? I've already run the backup program on Kodi to save my information, just to make sure that I have it saved. Also, do I need an SD card for updating to Android 5.1 or is this pushed through the update servers???

Justin,

I thought there were a lot of user issues with 5.1 and we were waiting for it to come out of Beta for a full release. I will install Kodi 16.1 soon, as I want to run the latest good and stable version of Kodi. When I install Android 5.1 will it completely wipe all of my saved data off of my box? I've already run the backup program on Kodi to save my information, just to make sure that I have it saved. Also, do I need an SD card for updating to Android 5.1 or is this pushed through the update servers???

5.1 is in Beta just for testing right now since a lot of users have requested it.

Will have an updated version soon.

For 1900 it will be OTA update through our server

For all other models, you will have to update it yourself manually using an SD Card, and yes it will wipe your box.

Were not going to force 5.1 onto 1800/582/380 users, it will be up to them if they want to take the update or not.

We will offer it to 1900 users directly from our server since 5.0 has so many issues